Palo Alto, CA
Philipp Pieper - CEO
|Services||Contextual Data, Brand Protection, Audience Interest Data, Analytics Suite|
Proximic is a platform that provides real-time data services for contextual data for online advertisers and agencies. The company is based in Palo Alto, with research and development facilities in Munich. The company's CEO Philipp Pieper co-founded the company with mathematician Thomas Nitsche. Thomas Nitsche and Elmar Henne, Proximic's chief architect, developed the Mephisto Chess Computer. Chief Scientist is Louis Monier, founder of the AltaVista search engine.
Proximic launched in alpha testing mode in late 2007. In 2010, the company integrated with the real-time ad platform AppNexus and started to offer its contextual data services to the display advertisers and agencies.
- Jennifer L. Schenker, " Proximic: Ad Tactics to Challenge Google ", 'BusinessWeek, January 17, 2008
- Robert Hof, " Proximic Aims High with New Search and Ad Technology ", 'Bloomberg BusinessWeek, October 1, 2007
- Qwiki Co-founder Louis Monier exits - joins Proximic Techcrunch.com 2011-05-18
- Robert Scoble, " Proximic does better than Google at contextual info delivery ", 'Scobleizer, October 1, 2008
- “Proximic Bringing Contextual Search Technology To Display Says CEO Pieper” AdExchanger.com 2010-12-21