Psychology of Addictive Behaviors
|Edited by||Nancy M. Petry|
Psychology of Addictive Behaviors is a quarterly peer-reviewed academic journal of the American Psychological Association that publishes original articles related to the psychological aspects of addictive behaviors. The current editor-in-chief is Nancy M. Petry (University of Connecticut School of Medicine).
The journal includes articles on the following topics:
- alcohol and alcoholism
- drug use and abuse
- eating disorders
- smoking and nicotine addiction, and
- other excessive behaviors (e.g., gambling, sexual addiction)
Abstracting and indexing
The journal is abstracted and indexed by MEDLINE/PubMed and the Social Science Citation Index. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2015 impact factor of 2.780, ranking it 7th out of 34 journals in the category "Substance Abuse" and 23rd out of 129 journals in the category "Psychology, Multidisciplinary".
- "Psychology of Addictive Behaviors". American Psychological Association. January 3, 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-20.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Substance Abuse". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2016.
- "Journals Ranked by Impact: Psychology, Multidisciplinary". 2015 Journal Citation Reports. Web of Science (Social Sciences ed.). Thomson Reuters. 2015.
|This article about an academic journal on psychology is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about academic journals. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.