|Native name: Koey Ngurtai|
|Area||0.06 km2 (0.023 sq mi)|
Pumpkin Island is a privately owned island on Keppel Bay on the Southern Great Barrier Reef in Australia. It is 13.8 kilometres (8.6 mi) off the coast from Yeppoon and has an area of 18 acres. In 2012 it was the world's sixth most expensive island.
The island is owned by Wayne Rumble: it was given to him by his South African-born parents, who bought it in 2003.
The island has been temporarily renamed XXXX Island after Queensland brewer Castlemaine Perkins leased it in 2012 as part of a campaign to promote their beer, Castlemaine XXXX. XXXX's three-year lease ends in December 2015 the island will return to its owner.
- "The Agreements, Treaties and Negotiated Settlements database (ATNS)". Indigenous Studies Program, The University of Melbourne 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "The world's most expensive private islands", The Daily Telegraph.
- Private Island
- "Pumpkin Island". Queensland Holidays. Tourism Queensland. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Jason Tin (15 March 2012). "XXXX Gold to lease out island for men only". Herald Sun. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Anjelica Rush (11 October 2015). "Last bids for XXXX Island being lodged on ebay". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|