|Native name: |
|Area||0.06 km2 (0.023 sq mi)|
Pumpkin Island is a privately owned island in Keppel Bay on the southern Great Barrier Reef in Australia. It is 13.8 kilometres (8.6 mi) off the coast from Yeppoon and has an area of 18 acres (7.3 ha). In 2012 it was the world's sixth most expensive island.
The island is owned and operated by Sojourn Properties Pty Ltd, a Queensland based company and run by Sojourn Retreats. Pumpkin Island is one of two island properties owned by the Queensland company, the other being Elysian Retreat, Long Island, Whitsundays.
Between 2012 and 2015 the island was leased by Queensland brewer Castlemaine Perkins and, for the duration, renamed XXXX Island as a promotional campaign for their beer, Castlemaine XXXX. Over the course of the 3 years, 3,000 visitors enjoyed trips to XXXX Island.
Pumpkin was recently recognised as Australasia's Most Sustainable Hotel at the World Boutique Hotel Awards in London, adding to it's accomplishments that include Climate Action Leader and the first beyond carbon neutral island in Australia. 
- Jason Tin (15 March 2012). "XXXX Gold to lease out island for men only". Herald Sun. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- "The Agreements, Treaties and Negotiated Settlements database (ATNS)". Indigenous Studies Program, The University of Melbourne 2011. Retrieved 15 November 2012.
- "The world's most expensive private islands", The Daily Telegraph.
- Private Island
- "Pumpkin Island". Queensland Holidays. Tourism Queensland. Retrieved 27 April 2012.
- Anjelica Rush (11 October 2015). "Last bids for XXXX Island being lodged on ebay". Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Best Boutique Hotels | Awards Process". www.boutiquehotelawards.com. Retrieved 2019-03-24.
|This Queensland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|