Punjab Dian Lok Gathawan
|Punjab Dian Lok Gathawan|
|EP by Kuldeep Manak|
Punjab Dian Lok Gathawan (Punjabi: ਪੰਜਾਬ ਦੀਆਂ ਲੋਕ-ਗਾਥਾਵਾਂ; also spelled as Punjab Diyan Lok Gathawan), the 7 inch, 45 rpm, was the first EP of Kuldeep Manak released by HMV (a subsidiary label of EMI) in 1973. The music was composed by Ram Saran Das and the lyrics were penned by Hardev Dilgir. The record contained one kali, Teri Khatar Heere, while the other three are the folk songs related to the old folktales of the Punjab. Recorded on the mono format, the record was a hit.
|The EP containing four songs|
|3.||"Heer Di Kali (Teri Khatar Heere)"||2:34|
- Then, The Gramophone Company of India Ltd. (or HMV), later, Sa Re Ga Ma (RPG group)
- Rajpura, Ali (2008). Eh Hai Kuldeep Manak. Ludhiana: Unistar Books Pvt. Ltd. ISBN 978-81-7142-528-0.
- "Kuldip Manak – Punjab Diyan Lok Gathawan". Discogs. Retrieved July 23, 2012.
- "ਕਲੀਆਂ ਦੇ ਬਾਦਸ਼ਾਹ ਕੁਲਦੀਪ ਮਾਣਕ ਨਹੀਂ ਰਹੇ" (in Punjabi). Chandigarh. Daily Suraj. December 1, 2011. Retrieved May 18, 2012.[dead link]
- "ਮਾਣਕ ਹੱਦ ਮੁਕਾ ਗਿਆ, ਨਵੀਆਂ ਕਲੀਆਂ ਦੀ…" (in Punjabi). Amritsar Times. December 7, 2011. Archived from the original on January 1, 2013. Retrieved May 18, 2012.