From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Puran or Purana and similar word Purna can mean:
- Puran or Purna mean 'complete' in Hindi and Sanskrit respectively, in words like Purna avatar, Purna Swaraj and Purna Yoga.
- Purana, a type of Hindu Indian literature
- Purana, a genus of cicadas (Homoptera, Cicadidae) indigenous to southeast Asia
- Puran, a subdivision and a tehsil of Shangla District, North-West Frontier Province NWFP, Pakistan
- Puran Appu, 1812–1848, a Sri Lankan historic figure
- Puran Bair, a meditation teacher, mystic, and author
- Puran Poli, a type of Indian sweet
- Puran Bhagat, a temple at Taragarh near Dinanagar in Gurdaspur district, Punjab, India
- Puran Rana Tharu, a Nepalese politician
- Puran Bhatt, a renowned puppeteer of Rajasthan
- Puran Singh Phartyal, Indian politician
- Purana (genus), a genus of cicadas
- Purana nebulilinea, a cicada species from southeast Asia
- Purana Mandir, a 1984 Hindi feature film
- Purana Qila, Delhi, an old fort
- Purana Kassapa (c. 5th or 4th centuries BCE), Indian ascetic teacher - contemporaneous with Mahavira and the Buddha
- Purana Task Force, the name of a police investigation into the underworld of Melbourne, Australia
- Purana pul, an old bridge which is a major landmark in Hyderabad, India
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Purana.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.