|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Purushottama Bilimoria is senior research fellow with the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies, senior lecturer at Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, He is a Chancellor's Scholar and Visiting Professor at the University of California, Berkeley; an honorary professor at the Deakin University and senior fellow at Melbourne University in Australia. Padmasiri de Silva describes him as "[a] very versatile scholar, admirable friend, creative, shares an interest in human emotions with me".
Bilimoria is the Editor-in-chief of the philosophy and theology journal Sophia.
- "Sabda Pramana: Word and Knowledge/Testimony in Indian Philosophy'(Springer 1988; Delhi 2008)
- "Why is there Nothing Rather than Something? (Sophia" (2013)
- The Indian Diaspora The Hindus and Sikhs in Australia (1996; 2015)
- The Self & its Other in Hindu Thought (2005)
- Contemporary Philosophy and J.L. Shaw (ed.) (2006)
- Essays in Indian Philosophy: Traditional and Modern (1995) (with J. Mohanty)
- The Other Revolution: NGO and Feminist Perspectives from South and East Asia (1998) (with R. Sharma).