Purushottama Bilimoria is senior research fellow with the Oxford Centre for Hindu Studies, senior lecturer at Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, He is a Chancellor's Scholar and Visiting Professor at the University of California, Berkeley; an honorary professor at the Deakin University and senior fellow at Melbourne University in Australia.
Bilimoria is the Editor-in-chief of the philosophy and theology journal Sophia.
- Sabda Pramana: Word and Knowledge/Testimony in Indian Philosophy (Springer 1988; Delhi 2008)
- Why is there Nothing Rather than Something? (Sophia (2013)
- The Indian Diaspora The Hindus and Sikhs in Australia (1996; 2015)
- The Self & its Other in Hindu Thought (2005)
- Contemporary Philosophy and J.L. Shaw (ed.) (2006)
- Essays in Indian Philosophy: Traditional and Modern (1995) (with J. Mohanty)
- The Other Revolution: NGO and Feminist Perspectives from South and East Asia (1998) (with R. Sharma).