This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Total||2 km2 (0.8 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,100/km2 (8,100/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Sex ratio||0.97 ♂/♀|
Pushpavanam is seashore village in Vedaranyam Taluk in Nagapattinam District, Tamil Nadu State in India. Pushpavanam is 10.3 km distance north from its Taluk Main Town Vedaranyam. Pushpavanam is 34.8 km distance south from its District Main City Nagapattinam and 291 km distance from its State Main City Chennai. Pushpam means flower, Vanam means forest. In Tamil pushpavanam means Malarkkaadu. Pushpavanam is Sanskrit name. In Mahabharata Throwpathai took flowers in this village. so called pushpavanam. Village God's in The great Throwpathaiyamman Kovil, Mariyamman Kovil, Kanchiappa Iyanaar Kovil and Great Sivan Kovil (Suganthavaneswarar Temple)are popular. Coconut, Cashew nut, Rice, Ground Nut, Kalappai Kizhangu (Kaarthigai Kizhangu) and Fishing are the main.
Other Villages in Vedaranyam Taluk are Vedaranyam, Adhanur, Ayakkaranpulam 1, Ayakkaranpulam 2, Ayakkaranpulam 3, Ayakkaranpulam 4, etc.
Nearby villages are in west Sembodai (1.5 km), Katharipulam (4.5 km), Nagakudaiyan (4.9 km) in south Periyakuthagai (4.5 km), in southwest Thethakudi (3 km), in north Naluvethapathi (1.5 km), in northwest Thamaraipulam (2 km), Kallimedu (3 km), in east the Bay of Bengal sea.
Nearby towns are Vedaranyam (10.3 km), Thalanayar (12.3 km), Nagapattinam (33.2 km).
Pushpavanam Postal Pin Code is 614809. The Pincode (614809) is used for other villages including Thethakudi, Periyakuthagai, Sembodai, Kallimedu, Thamaraipulam.
Schools in Pushpavanam:
1. Aided Middle School
2. Govt. Higher Secondary School
3. Guru Dhakshinamoorthy Primary School
4. Vinayaga Primary School
5. Panchayat Union School, Pattinatheru
6. Panchayat Union School, Kothankadu
State board Schools near Pushpavanam:
1. Govt. Higher Secondary School, Sembodai
2. S.K Govt. Higher Secondary School, Thethakudi
3. Govt. High School, Thopputhurai
4. Kasthuriba Gandhi Kanya Gurukulam Higher Secondary School, Vedaranyam
5. S.K.S Govt. Higher Secondary School, Vedaranyam
6. Govt. Girls Higher Secondary School, Vedaranyam
7. Govt. Higher Secondary School, Vellapallam
Matriculation Schools near Pushpavanam:
1. St. Antony Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Vedaranyam
2. Al-Noor Indian Modern Matriculation School, Thopputhurai-Thethakudi
3. Quid-e-Milleth Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Thopputhurai
CBSE School near Pushavanam:
1. Point Calimer International School (CBSE), Kuravapulam in Vedaranyam
Colleges near Pushpavanam:
1. Sembodai Rukmani Varatharajan Engineering College, Sembodai
2. Sembodai Rukmani Varatharajan Polytechinc College, Sembodai
3. Sembodai Rukmani Varatharajan Teacher Training Institute, Sembodai
4. S.K Arts & Science College, Thamaraipulam
5. Kubera Vinayagar Teacher Training & Educational Institute, Thamaraipulam
6. Govt. Arts & Science College, Vedaranyam
Banks in Pushpavanam:
1. PACB Co-Operative Bank
Banks near Pushpavanam:
1. CANARA BANK, Vedaranyam
2. INDIAN BANK, Vedaranyam
3. INDIAN BANK, Kallimedu
4. INDIAN OVERSEAS BANK, Thopputhurai
5. CITY UNION BANK LTD, Vedaranyam
6. STATE BANK OF INDIA, Vedaranyam
7. CANARA BANK, Thethakudi
The village is about a 500 years old.
Hindu, Islamic and Christian Community.
- "View Population". Office of the Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 24 March 2012.