||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Anja Käckenmeister|
|Also known as||Christiane Latte|
|Genres||German hip hop, Rap|
|Years active||1994 - present|
|Labels||Def Jam Germany, Dackel Enterprise, Pyranja records|
Pyranja started rapping at the age of 16. Early supporters and precursors were the rap crews DSC and the Underdog Cru. After a yearlong stay in Boston she went back to Germany, more precisely to Berlin. She socialized in the scene very quickly and many contributions for other artists followed.
The label Def Jam Germany showed great interest in the upcoming rap artist and so she released her first EP, called "Im Kreis ", in 2001. She even entered the German charts without any promotion. When the production of her album Wurzeln & Flügel was already finished and the date of release was set, Def Jam broke up because of the difficult market situation.
Later Wurzeln & Flügel was released by another label called Dackel Enterprise. The sales figures of this record also surpassed all expectations and steadied her good reputation as "best female German rapper".
In 2004 Pyranja and her colleagues Joe Rilla, Dra-Q, Jamie White and Sera Finale founded the rap crew Ostblokk. Since they had known each other for a long time and had already used the same studios, the collaboration was a logical conclusion. The CD Einmal um Blokk was released and became very successful.
In 2004 Pyranja also released her CD Frauen & Technik by her own independent label Pyranja Records. This record turned out to be the most multifaced in her career. It does not only convince by her familiar calm and profound songs but also reflects the rough side of Pyranja. Using the pseudonym Christiane Latte for her tracks Ab 18 and Blondes Gift she performed as sassy as many of her male colleagues. The ironic dig at the male-dominated rap-branche was made with intent.
In 2006, the new single "Nie wieder" and the album Laut & Leise have been released. Furthermore she performed for her home state, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, at this year's Bundesvision Song Contest and made eighth place.
- 2003 - Wurzeln & Flügel ("Wings & Roots", Dackel Enterprise)
- 2004 - Frauen & Technik ("Women & Technology", Pyranja Records)
- 2004 - Einmal Um Blokk, ("Once around the block" with Ostblokk, Ostblokk Plattenbau)
- 2006 - Laut & Leise ("Loud & Quiet", Headrush)
Singles and EPs
- 2002 - "Swingerclub" (Phlatline Records)
- 2002 - "Fremdkörper / Kennzeichen D Pt.2" ("Foreign object / License Plate D Pt 2", Def Jam Promo)
- 2000 - "Im Kreis / Nachtflug" ("In a circle / Night flight", Def Jam Promo)
- 2001 - "Im Kreis EP" (Def Jam Germany)
- 2002 - "Reine Nervensache" ("All about strength of nerves", Def Jam Promo)
- 2003 - "Egal Was Ihr Sagt" ("No matter what you say", Dackel Enterprise)
- 2004 - "Zeilen Für Dich" ("Lines for you", Pyranja Records)
- 2005 - "Samba" (with Ostbokk, Ostblokk Plattenbau)
- 2005 - "Pyranja vs. Laudert & Fröhlich" (Pyranja Records)
- 2006 - "Nie Wieder" ("Never again", Pyranja Records)
- 1998 - Feature on the Underdog Cru album Maximum
- 1998 - Track the EP "Großmogul Nordost"
- 1998 - Demotape
- 1999 - Track with Daniel Santiago for the Compilation Beastside
- 1999 - Feature on the Joe Rilla tape album Tritt 2000 Ärsche ("Kick 2000 asses")
- 1999 - Track with Daniel Santiago on the compilation Sallys Sounds
- 2000 - Track on the soundtrack to Ants in the Pants
- 2000 - Track on the DJ Derezon tape album BerlinXklusiv
- 2000 - Track on the Deja Vue album Zwei Dumme ein Gedanke ("Two idiots one idea")
- 2001 - Several tracks on compilations, among others: Rappublik Sampler, Berlin macht Schule, Juice Master Blaster, Ladys First, Splash Allstar Event Album, Def Jam Unstoppable
- 2001 - "Nachtflug RMX" on the Roey Marquis album Momentaufnahmen ("Snapshots")
- 2001 - "Special Broadcast" with Fiva Mc on the "Beatz aus der Bude Allstars" compilation
- 2002 - Feature on the Roey Marquis tape Battle Of The Words
- 2002 - Feature on Moqui Marbles' album
- 2002 - Feature on album "Kopfhoehrer" by Fiva MC & DJ Radrum, Track "Kopf Hoch"
- 2002 - Feature on Roey Marquis' album "Herzessenz" ("Essence of the heart")
- 2003 - Several tracks on compilations, among others: Untergrund Experiment, Starting Line-Up XXL Dope Beats, Ghetto Fabulous
- 2003 - Several features on the soundtrack to the hip hop themed feature film "Status Yo"
- 2004 - Feature on Kimoe's EP "Ein neuer Morgen" ("A new morning")
- 2004 - Feature on Jago's LP
- 2004 - Feature on Yaneq & Freaky Floe's EP "Nachts Draußen" ("Outside at night")
- 2004 - Feature on Moqui Marbles' LP
- 2005 - Feature on "Back in the Tapez" by DraQ & Jamie White
- 2006 - "Guess who's back", track on "Juice Exclusive" sampler #61