|Type of business||Private|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
Konrad Feldman - CEO and co-founder|
Sam Barnett - Chief Product Officer
Steven Wolfe Pereria-Chief Marketing Officer
Michael Blum - Chief Legal Officer
Sandra McDevitt - Chief People Officer
Imad Tareen - Chief Financial Officer
Robert Horler-Chief Operating Officer
Andrew Double - Managing Director, APAC
Ghita Harris-Newton - Chief Privacy Officer
Jim Kelly - Vice President Research & Development
Matt White - Vice President, Sales EMEA
Meredith Long - Chief Revenue Officer, North America
Peter Day - Vice President, Engineering
|Industry||SaaS/PaaS (Software-as-a-Service / Platform-as-a-Service))|
Quantcast Advertise |
|Alexa rank||2,631 (April 2014[update])|
Quantcast is an American technology company, founded in 2006, that specializes in AI-driven real-time advertising, audience insights & measurement. The company claims that it has accurate audience measurement to over 100 million web destinations. It has offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, and Sweden.
Quantcast was launched in 2006. The company claimed to be the first rating service to rely largely on direct measurement (as opposed to the traditional panel based method pioneered by Nielsen).
The company was built on the belief that digital advertising requires reliable data to be successful, so initially the primary aim was to gather detailed, real-time insights on audience characteristics across the internet. By placing tags on digital content across the open internet, the firm measures metrics such as audience age and gender makeup, areas of interest and type, length and frequency of their engagement with certain types of content. This information is made publicly available to be used by marketers & publishers to accurately understand their audience in granular detail.
2009, Quantcast launched the real-time advertising side of their business, using all of the insight into human behavior they received from the direct measurement of audiences.
In 2010, Quantcast’s Publisher Program was the first syndicated online traffic measurement service to receive official accreditation from the Media Rating Council (MRC).
In 2013, the company acquired MakeGood Software, an advertising technology startup that simplifies data management and reporting for online advertising campaigns. The technology was subsequently integrated with Quantcast Advertise to enhance the reporting functions available for Quantcast campaigns. This nudged the company closer towards competition in the ad effectiveness category, which includes companies like comScore.
Quantcast offers the following products:
- Quantcast Audience Grid: Audience grid uses information from data collectors such as Oracle Datalogix, TiVo Research, and Mastercard to provide insights into the shopping habits, product ownership, lifestyle habits and interests of internet users.
- Quantcast Advertise: Uses Quantcast's real-time, first-party data and insights into customer behavior across the entire internet to target digital advertisements to those most likely to be interested and/or in market for a brand or product. In a study conducted by Mediasmith in 2017 against 11 other vendors, Quantcast demographic targeting was proven to have the most accurate targeting with the broadest reach.
- Quantcast Measure: Allows anyone with digital content to place the Quantcast tracking pixel onto their website to generate granular, real-time insights, as well as psychographic insights into the shopping, media, and business habits of the site's visitors.
- Quantcast Choice: is a GDPR Consent Management Provider solution built on the IAB Europe's Transparency and Consent Framework to help website owners obtain, manage and propagate consumer consent. Quantcast Choice is a registered CMP on the IAB Europe portal. Quantcast Choice is available free for website operators via a self-service download portal.
- 2013 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2012 WIRED Magazine: The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For
- 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies
- 2011 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2011 Business Insider Digital 100: Quantcast Ranked #54
- 2010 Fast Company Most Innovative Companies - Web
- 2015 Glassdoor Employee's Choice Award, Best Places to Work 
- 2016 Quantcast partnered with IAB Europe, IAB UK and the ANAs to create an educational program for industry professionals to understand the language, tools, and processes of the online advertising ecosystem.
- 2016 Business Insider: The 37 hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups of 2016. Ranked #11. []
- "Quantcast - Company". Retrieved 2010-02-16.
- Vascellaro, Jessica E. (2009-07-06). "Quantcast Shakes up Ad-Targeting model". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2009-12-10.
- "Quantcast.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Horler, Rob. "How An Agency Adds Value In An AI Era". AdAge. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Are You Building A 21st Century Brand? Rte.ie (2018-04-05). Retrieved on 2018-05-24.
- Quantcast takes it first leap into Asia, launching in seven new marketings. TheDrum (2018-01-25). Retrieved on 201-05-24.
- "About Quantcast | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- Konrad Feldman: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek. Investing.businessweek.com (2005-02-01). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- "Media Planning". mediasmith.com.
- "ARE YOU MAKING THIS MOMENT YOUR MOMENT?". adage.com. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Audience Measurement Firms Race To The Finish Line — But Not There Yet — Tech News and Analysis". gigaom.com. 2010-06-14. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- Quantcast Acquires Startup MakeGood To Improve Ad Data Aggregation. TechCrunch (2013-01-08). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- Kaplan, David. (2013-01-08) Quantcast Acquires Ad Effectiveness Analyst MakeGood Software. Adexchanger.com. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- Quantcast buys Seattle online ad startup MakeGood Software. GeekWire. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- "Audience Grid | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Quantcast Advertise | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Audience Insights & Analytics | Quantcast Measure". Quantcast. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 15, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- Wohlsen, Marcus (2012-10-30). "The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For". Wired.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on March 1, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Most Valuable Startups 2011 Digital 100 Complete 1-100 List - Business Insider". Business Insider. 21 September 2011.
- "Most Innovated Companies - Web". Fast Company. 11 February 2010.
- "Fortune's Best Places to Work... - Quantcast Office Photo". Glassdoor. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "Real-Time Advertising Academy".
- "RANKED: The 37 hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups of 2016". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-06-29.