A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (March 2022)
|Industry||SaaS/PaaS (Software-as-a-Service / Platform-as-a-Service)|
Quantcast is an American technology company, founded in 2006, that specializes in AI-driven real-time advertising, audience insights and measurement. It has offices in the United States, Canada, Australia, Singapore, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, and Sweden.
Quantcast was launched in 2006. The company was built on the belief that digital advertising requires reliable data to be successful. Initially the primary aim was to gather detailed, real-time insights on audience characteristics across the internet. By placing tags on digital content across the open internet, the firm measures metrics such as audience age and gender makeup, areas of interest and type, length and frequency of their engagement with certain types of content. This private information is made publicly available to be used by marketers and publishers to accurately understand their audience in granular detail.
In 2010, Quantcast's Publisher Program was the first syndicated online traffic measurement service to receive official accreditation from the Media Rating Council (MRC).
In 2013, the company acquired MakeGood Software, an advertising technology startup that simplifies data management and reporting for online advertising campaigns. The technology was subsequently integrated with Quantcast Advertise to enhance the reporting functions available for Quantcast campaigns. This nudged the company closer towards competition in the ad effectiveness category, which includes companies like comScore.
In 2021, Quantcast unveiled the Quantcast Platform, a self-service intelligent audience platform for brands, agencies, and publishers to advertise on the open internet.
In 2021, Quantcast announced the launch of a new educational program, the Quantcast Academy, a self-paced, online training program that provides learning and certification in digital advertising.
In 2021, Quantcast revealed a cookieless solution for the Quantcast Platform.
- 2013 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2012 WIRED Magazine: The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For
- 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies
- 2011 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies - B2B: Advertising Analytics
- 2011 Business Insider Digital 100: Quantcast Ranked #54
- 2010 Fast Company Most Innovative Companies - Web
- 2015 Glassdoor Employee's Choice Award, Best Places to Work
- 2016 Quantcast partnered with IAB Europe, IAB UK and the ANAs to create an educational program for industry professionals to understand the language, tools, and processes of the online advertising ecosystem.
- 2016 Business Insider: The 37 hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups of 2016. Ranked #11.
- 2021 MarTech Breakthrough Awards: Quantcast won “Best Web Analytics Solution” for Quantcast Measure
- 2021 Best in Biz Awards North America: Quantcast Platform named a silver winner in the “Best New Product of the Year” category
- 2021 Human Rights Campaign Foundation: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality
- 2022 Human Rights Campaign Foundation: Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality
- 2022 Built In Honors Quantcast in its Esteemed 2022 Best Places To Work Awards
- Vascellaro, Jessica E. (2009-07-06). "Quantcast Shakes up Ad-Targeting model". The Wall Street Journal.
- Horler, Rob. "How An Agency Adds Value In An AI Era". AdAge. Retrieved 2018-04-03.
- Quantcast takes it first leap into Asia, launching in seven new marketings. TheDrum (2018-01-25). Retrieved on 201-05-24.
- "About Quantcast | Quantcast". Quantcast. Retrieved 2017-08-28.
- Konrad Feldman: Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek. Investing.businessweek.com (2005-02-01). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- "ARE YOU MAKING THIS MOMENT YOUR MOMENT?". adage.com. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 2018-05-31.
- "Audience Measurement Firms Race To The Finish Line — But Not There Yet — Tech News and Analysis". gigaom.com. 2010-06-14. Retrieved 2014-04-19.
- Quantcast Acquires Startup MakeGood To Improve Ad Data Aggregation. TechCrunch (2013-01-08). Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- Kaplan, David. (2013-01-08) Quantcast Acquires Ad Effectiveness Analyst MakeGood Software. Adexchanger.com. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- Quantcast buys Seattle online ad startup MakeGood Software. GeekWire. Retrieved on 2014-04-19.
- Quantcast Unveils New Intelligent Audience Platform to Empower Brands, Agencies, and Publishers to Thrive on the Open Internet. Quantcast (2021-03-03). Retrieved 2022-2-14.
- Quantcast Advocates For Advertising Education with Open Access to Free Training Through Quantcast Academy. Quantcast (2021-09-08). Retrieved on 2022-02-14.
- Quantcast Reveals Transformative Cookieless Innovations for the Quantcast Platform. Quantcast (2021-09-14). Retrieved on 2022-02-14.
- "Announcing the 2013 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies | AlwaysOn". Archived from the original on March 15, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- Wohlsen, Marcus (2012-10-30). "The 10 San Francisco Tech Companies You Wish You Worked For". Wired.
- "Announcing the 2012 AlwaysOn Global 250 Top Private Companies | AlwaysOn". Archived from the original on February 25, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Announcing the 2011 OnMedia 100 Top Private Companies | AlwaysOn". Archived from the original on March 1, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Most Valuable Startups 2011 Digital 100 Complete 1-100 List - Business Insider". Business Insider. 21 September 2011.
- "Most Innovated Companies - Web". Fast Company. 11 February 2010.
- "Fortune's Best Places to Work... - Quantcast Office Photo". Glassdoor. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "Real-Time Advertising Academy".
- "RANKED: The 37 hottest pre-IPO ad tech startups of 2016". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-06-29.
- "MarTech Breakthrough Awards: 2021 Award Winners". Martech Breakthrough Awards. Retrieved 2022-02-15.
- "MarTech Breakthrough Awards: 2021 Award Winners". Best in Biz Awards Awards. Retrieved 2022-02-15.
- "Corporate Equality Index 2021". Human Rights Campaign Foundation. Retrieved 2022-02-15.
- "Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality 2022". Human Rights Campaign Foundation. Retrieved 2022-02-15.
- "Built In Honors Quantcast in its Esteemed 2022 Best Places To Work Awards". Quantcast. Retrieved 2022-02-15.