|Past members||Russell Stone
R&J Stone were the English/American husband and wife duo, Russell Oliver Stone and Joanne Stone. The pair were originally members of James Last's British Choir for a number of years. They had a hit single in the mid 1970s with their self penned song "We Do It". The track was produced by Phil Swern. Some time after their hit, Russell Stone decided that he did not want to remain as a singer, and preferred to concentrate on producing and writing for his wife. Their second album did not do well and a third album, although recorded, was never released.
Russell Stone later went to Munich to work with the Icelander Thorir Baldursson. Stone is a recovered alcoholic and has released two solo albums, Love Aspects (2013) and Groove Aspects (2014), after spending years out of the music industry.
- "We Do It" / "We Love Each Other" - RCA 2616 - 1976 (UK number 5)
- "One Chance" / "I Just Can't Get It Right" - RCA 2660 - 1976
- "There's No Other Way" / "I Just Can't Get It Right" - RCA 2681 - 1976
- "Thrown It All Away" / "Home Is Where The Heart Is" - RCA 2746 - 1976
- "It Just Goes To Show" - RCA PB 5018 - 1977
- We Do It - RCA RS 1052 - 1976
- R&J - RCA PL 25069 - 1977
- Very Best Of R&J Stone - Lynx Music UK LYX004CD - 2012
- "Healing and music - the painful but rewarding journey of Russell Oliver Stone". Worthingherald.co.uk. 25 June 2014. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
-  Archived November 3, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- Roberts, David (2006). British Hit Singles & Albums (19th ed.). London: Guinness World Records Limited. p. 533. ISBN 1-904994-10-5.
- Doc Rock. "The Dead Rock Stars Club : The 1970s". Thedeadrockstarsclub.com. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
- "R&J Stone : We Do It : Overview". AllMusic. Retrieved 31 December 2014.
|This article on a United Kingdom pop music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|