This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genres||Jazz, Gypsy Jazz, Django Reinhardt|
Hot Club Records
|Members||Jens Fuglsang |
|Past members||Kasper Fredholm|
Rêve Bohème’s music is inspired by the French gypsy guitar player Django Reinhardt. The quartet played their first concert in 1998 at Bistro d'Eustache in Paris. In 2002-03 they performed at the ”scene ouvert” at the Django Reinhardt Festival in Samois sur Seine, France. They released their first album Django Jalousie in 2002 with Kasper Fredholm (sax) and Morten Ravn (bass). The album was nominated for a Danish World Music Award.
Rêve Bohème have released six albums and recorded with various musicians, such as Karina Kappel (voc), Lisa Haavik (voc), Bjarke Falgren (vio) and Knut Haavik (perc). In 2009 the line-up was changed with Jesper Riis (bass) replacing Morten Ravn and Finn Poulsen (harm) replacing Kasper Fredholm.
Rêve Bohème has played in jazz clubs and at festivals all over Europe, performing with international gypsy jazz artists like Robin Nolan, Andreas Öberg, Jon Larsen, Basily, Paulus Schäfer, Angelo Debarre, Dorado Schmidt, Gary Potter, Biel Ballester as well as Danish musicians like Pierre Dørge, Kristian Jørgensen and Jakob Fischer. Besides playing gypsy jazz, Rêve Bohème worked with electronica musician Bjørn Svin and the Danish fashion brand Baum und Pferdgarten on a music and dance show at Wundergrund Festival in Copenhagen 2007.
- Jens Fuglsang (Lead guitar and vocal)
- Robert Pilgaard (Rhythm guitar)
- Finn Poulsen (Harmonica and vocal)
- Jesper Riis (Double bass)
- Kasper Fredholm (Tenor saxophone, 1998-2008)
- Morten Ravn (Double bass, 1998-2009)
- 2002: Django Jalousie (Cope Records, COPECD 040)
- 2005: Django’s Dream (Calibrated records, CALI 011)
- 2006: Best of Rêve Bohème (Hot Club Records, HCRCD 197)
- 2009: Café Django (Calibrated Records, CALI 091)
- 2012: Django Goes North (Calibrated Records, CALI127)
- 2018: Six & Six (Hot Club Records)
- 2006: Django Festival 4 (Hot Club Records, HCRCD 119)
- 2018: Django Festival 11 (Hot Club Records)
- Jazz i Danmark 1950-2010. Harsløf, Olav, 1945-, Slumstrup, Finn., Frandsen, Kjeld. (1. udg ed.). København: Politikens Forlag. 2011. ISBN 9788756795654. OCLC 748813785.
- "Wundergrund 2007". Issuu. Retrieved 2018-08-19.
- Donato, Nicolo (2016-10-27), Across the Waters, David Dencik, Danica Curcic, Jakob Cedergren, retrieved 2018-01-07
- Couvreux, cristof, Francis. "[Django Station] - Rêve Bohème / Django goes North". www.djangostation.com (in French). Retrieved 2018-08-19.