ROWVA High School
|ROWVA High School|
|346 East ROVA Drive
|Principal||Mr. Joseph W. Peters|
|Website||ROWVA High School|
ROWVA High School, ROWVA Senior High School, or RHS, is a public four-year high school located at 346 East ROVA Drive in Oneida, Illinois, a village in Knox County, Illinois, in the Midwestern United States. RHS is part of ROWVA Community Unit School District 208, which serves the communities of Rio, Oneida, Wataga, Victoria, and Altona, and also includes ROWVA Junior High School, and Central Elementary School. The campus is 10 miles northeast of Galesburg, Illinois and serves a mixed village and rural residential community. The school is the only high school in the village of Oneida, and lies within the Galesburg micropolitan statistical area.
ROWVA High School teaches courses in the following academic departments:
- Drivers Education
- Family & Consumer Education
- Industrial Arts
- PE & Health
This section does not cite any sources. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Golf (Boys & Girls)
- Cross Country (Boys & Girls)
- Track and Field (Boys & Girls)
ROWVA High School competes in the Lincoln Trail Conference and is a member school in the Illinois High School Association.
In 2005, ROWVA and nearby Alwood High School co-op'd for fall sports - excluding volleyball. Together the two schools formed the name A&R Bulldogs. The co-op ended at the conclusion of the 2009 season (2010 for football).
In 2010, ROWVA and Galva High schools became the Mid-County Cougars for football, boys and girls golf, and boys and girls cross country. In 2010, 2011, and 2015 seasons, the Cougars football team went to the 3A IHSA Playoffs. In 2011, Williamsfield High School was invited to join the co-op because of their lack of fall sports. Cross country and girls golf have had numerous sectional and state qualifiers in the recent years.
In 2014, ROWVA and Williamsfield co-op'd for spring sports including girls boys track, softball, and baseball.
Starting for the 2015 season, ROWVA and Williamsfield will be combined for boys basketball.
Notable Teams & Individuals
The ROVA class of 1976 basketball team took 2nd Place in the State Final losing to Mt. Pulaski in a close game with a final score of 59-58. The team was coached by Bob Meredith and the team finished the regular season with a record of 28-3. Steve Holmes & Dave Johnson were selected to the All-Tournament team at the Illinois High School State Tournament in 1976. For records and season standings visit: http://ihsa.org/data/school/records/sum1514.htm
The history of ROWVA high school is the history of its preceding component schools:
- Rio High School
- Oneida High School
- Victoria High School
- Altona and Walnut Grove High Schools
- ROVA High School
- Wataga High School
- 1870 - Onedia High School established
- 1870s - Altona High School established
- 1888 - Wataga High School established
- 1895 - Victoria High School established
- Late 19th century - Rio High School established
- 1917 - Altona High School becomes Walnut Grove Township High School
- 1948 - Rio, Oneida, Victoria, and Walnut Grove (Altona) High Schools consolidate to form ROVA High School
- 1949 - Wataga High School closes and students attend Galesburg High School
- 1984 - Wataga students leave Galesburg High School and consolidate with ROVA to form ROWVA