|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (July 2014)|
|Born||Rachel K.J Chandy
29 December 1950
Madras, Tamil Nadu, India
|Spouse(s)||Tishya Chatterjee (m. 1976)|
|Residence||Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, India|
|Profession||Retired Indian Administrative Service (IAS) Officer
She was born to K.J Chandy in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and was raised in a Syrian Christian family. She has two sisters and one brother. She did her M. A. in English and a diploma in Journalism. She joined the Indian Administrative Services in 1975 and was allotted to the Andhra Pradesh Cadre.
She is married to Tishya Chatterjee, her batch mate and also a bureaucrat, in 1976. They have two children. She has worked for more than thirty as a bureaucrat at different places and has been a district collector in three different districts.
- District Collector of Anantapur District(1983-1984).
- Commissioner of Municipal Corporation Of Hyderabad (1992-1993).
- Chairman & Managing Director for AP Transco.
- Principal Secretary to Department of Medial & Health.
- Principal Secretary to Department of Social Welfare.
- Director, Ministry of Textiles, Govt. of India (1984-1985).
- "Tobacco Board: Smt Rachel Chatterjee". Tobacco Board, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India. Mar 7, 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Rachel Chatterjee is APPSC chief". The Hindu. 28 May 2011. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Smt. Rachel Chatterjee who is appointed as chairman, Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission". Information and Public Relations Department, Govt of Andhra Pradesh. Retrieved 16 July 2012.