Raghavan (Tamil: ராகவன்; Malayalam: രാഘവന്) is a South Indian name. It derives from the Sanskrit raghava, meaning "derived from Raghu" or "descendant of Raghu" (an epithet of the Hindu god Rama, an incarnation of Vishnu), plus the Tamil-Malayalam third-person masculine singular suffix -n. Although it is used as a given name in India it has also come to be used as a family name in the United States.
It may refer to:
- Azhikodan Raghavan, Kerala politician.
- Edappally Raghavan Pillai, Malayalam poet
- K. Raghavan, Malayalam music composer
- K. Raghavan Pillai, writer and scholar from Kerala, India
- M. K. Raghavan, Member of Parliament from the Kozhikode Lok Sabha seat in Kerala, India
- M. V. Raghavan, communist leader from Kerala, India
- Muthukulam Raghavan Pillai, Malayalam dramatist, poet, screenwriter, and actor from India
- N. S. Raghavan, Indian industrialist
- P.K. Raghavan, former Minister of Kerala, India
- P. M. Raghavan, Kerala first-class cricketer
- Pa.Raghavan, Tamil writer and journalist from India
- Raghavan N. Iyer, academic and philosopher from Madras, India
- Ramnad Raghavan, Indian mridangam player
- Raghavan, Indian film actor in Malayalam films
- Srinivasacharya Raghavan, Indian mathematician
- Sriram Raghavan, Indian film director and screenwriter
- Sumeet Raghavan, Indian film and television actor
- M. R. Srinivasaprasad, Indian cricketer
- Raghavan Thirumulpad, Ayurvedic scholar and physician from Kerala, India
- V. R. Raghavan, Indian military strategist
- V.S. Raghavan, (b. 1925), Tamil actor
- 24149 Raghavan, asteroid
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Raghavan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.