Syed Abdul Qavi (born 1951 in Lucknow, India), better known by his stage name Rais Ansari (or Rayees Ansari), is a famous Urdu Indian poet. He has performed at the all-India Mushaira and at international Mushairas in New Delhi and Qatar.
Rais Ansari attending function in North America, society of Indian Muslims
|Born||Syed Abdul Qavi
20 March 1951
Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India
|Residence||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh|
|Occupation||Writer, Poet & Journalist|
- Humey sehra ki sultani mili hai virasat mein ye veeraani mili hai
- Mein ek qatra hun phir bhi mujhko samandar ki nigahbaani mili hai
He has written a great number of ghazals
He won the Award for Urdu Literature in 2014.
- "Regional briefs - Punjab". The Tribune. 2002-05-12. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Indo-Pak international mushaira". The Milli Gazette. 2004-05-01. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Veteran writers receive Gulf's top Urdu award". Gulf Times. 2005-12-10. Retrieved 2008-02-23.
- "Urdu Poetry Fest Carries Forward Bonhomie Between India and Pakistan". Arab News. 2005-05-31.
- "Notes from Saudi Arabia". Arab News. 2008-04-13.
- "KARACHI: Aalmi Mushaira event of the day". Dawn (Pakistan). 2007-04-21.
- "International Urdu mushaira at Bangalore Palace". 2014-05-31.
- "Mushaira to support literacy projects". IndiaPost.com. 2010-09-22.
- "AMU alumni hold Sir Syed day and AEEF benefit dinner in San Francisco". 2013-10-12.
- "International Mushaira to mark Sir Syed Day in California". TCN News. 2010-10-15.
- "Mushaira evening by ISC on Friday". Oman Observer. 2015-10-04.
|This article about a poet from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|