Raj Bhavan (Jharkhand)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Raj Bhavan (Hindi for Government House) is the official residence of the Governor of Jharkhand. It is located in the capital city of Ranchi, Jharkhand. The present governor of Jharkhand is ' Draupadi Murmu' '
The Raj Bhavan is spread over an area of 62 acres (250,000 m2), The construction of the Raj Bhavan was started in 1930 and completed in March 1931 at an estimated cost of Rs. 700,000. It was designed by Ar.Sadlow Ballerd.
In the premises of Raj Bhavan there is Audrey House, which is now the Governor's Secretariat, was built much earlier by Captain Hannyington, who was the Deputy Commissioner of Chota Nagpur from 1850-1856.
In Raj Bhavan they are many lawns and gardens, which have been named after noted figures.
- Akbar garden has been newly developed in 2005 and has a beautiful collection of roses and seasonal flowers.
- Buddha garden, named after Lord Buddha, has a beautiful landscape and a green house.
- Ashoka, the main lawn has an area of approximately 52,000 sq ft (4,800 m2),
- Murti garden has an area of approx. 15,000 sq ft (1,400 m2) and the 'Lily pond' has an area of 12,000 sq ft (1,100 m2).
- Mahatma Gandhi garden is in the south side of Raj Bhavan and it is a collection of medical plants. It has in its midst a beautiful fountain.
- Nakshatra Vana is the new garden which has been developed.
|This article about an Indian building or structure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about government in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|