|Directed by||Sai Rajkumar|
|Produced by||Soman Pallatte|
|Music by||Vinod Yajamanya|
|Cinematography||M. S. Prabhu|
|Edited by||C. S. Prem|
Pallatte Kokkatt Film House
|Distributed by||SDC PICTUREZ|
|Box office||5 cr|
Rajavukku Check (transl. Checkmate for king) is a 2020 Indian Tamil-language thriller film written and directed by Sai Rajkumar. The film stars Cheran in the lead role, Irfan as antagonist with actresses Srushti Dange, Sarayu and Nandana Varma, Saara Subbiah kr in supporting roles. The film features music composed by Vinod Yajamaanyaa and cinematography by M. S. Prabhu.
- Cheran as Raja Senthoor Pandian
- Irfan as Akshay
- Srushti Dange as Aadhira
- Sarayu Mohan as Gowri, Wife of Raja Senthoor Pandian
- Nandhana Varma as Daughter of Raja Senthoor Pandian
- Robo Chandru as a police officer
- Saara Subbiah kr (police officer)
Director Sai Rajkumar, best known for making Mazhai (2005) and Hello Premistara (2007), made a comeback as a director through the project. The film also marked the debut of Malayalam film producers Soman Pallatte and Thomas Kokkatt in the Tamil film industry. Cheran was cast in the lead role of the investigative thriller after some time away from films, and was Rajkumar's first pick for the script. Actresses Srushti Dange, Sarayu and Nandana Varma were signed to play pivotal roles, with the latter portraying the role of Cheran's daughter.
The film began its shoot in early 2018 but production was briefly stopped owing to an industry-wide strike. The entire shoot, barring one song, was over by May 2018. The film was also delayed as a result of Cheran's directorial commitments for the film, Thirumanam (2019).
Sify rated 2 out of 5 stars stating "Had he concentrated more in the execution part, the film would have become an edge of the seat thriller!".The Times of India rated 2.5 out of 5 stars stating "A half-decent thriller that fails to live up to the potential of its plot".
- "Cheran makes acting comeback". The New Indian Express. 12 February 2018. Retrieved 19 September 2019.
- "Rajavukku Check Movie: Showtimes, Review, Trailer, Posters, News & Videos | eTimes" – via timesofindia.indiatimes.com.
- Subramanian, Anupama (26 January 2019). "Cheran in an emotional thriller". Deccan Chronicle.
- Subramanian, Anupama (24 April 2018). "Cheran back in action". Deccan Chronicle.
- thomas, elizabeth (22 April 2018). "Loving the limelight". Deccan Chronicle.
- "Cheran's Next 'Rajavukku Check' Is An Emotional Thriller". 10 February 2019.
- "Rajavukku Check review: A decent crime thriller". Sify. 28 January 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2020.
- "Rajavukku Check". The Times of India. 24 January 2019. Retrieved 30 May 2020.