||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article is written like a personal reflection or opinion essay that states a Wikipedia editor's personal feelings about a topic. Learn how and when to remove this template message) (March 2017) (|
|Years active||2003 to present|
Rajeev Nair(Malayalam: രാജീവ് നായർ) is an Indian writer, lyricist and producer well known for his works in the Malayalam film industry. A civil engineer by profession, he is now one of the prominent lyricist in the industry. His noted lines include Sun Sun Sundhari from Ordinary(2012) and Kanninnullil Nee Kanmani from Trivandrum Lodge(2012). His first production venture under the banner of Magic Moon Productions was Malayalam film Ordinary (2012) directed by Sugeeth which turned out to be a huge success. His next production initiative is Prithviraj Sukumaran starrer film titled 'Anarkali' which is to be directed by renowned script writer Sachy (writer).
Basically a Civil Engineer by profession, Rajeev Nair possesses unique experience in execution of Marine Outfall / Submarine Pipelines on turnkey basis with all related Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation and Marine Engineering works during the career progress in view of his association with the leading Engineering Companies. He also possesses wide ranging experience in the field under reference especially in marine engineering projects with thermoplastic pipeline and made vital contributions on successful completion of following prestigious projects during his association with a Project Engineering company for various clients.
He established his entrepreneurial venture Hydrotech Systems Pvt. Ltd. in August 2009. Hydrotech Systems Pvt. Ltd. provides integrated design, engineering, procurement, construction and project management services for off shore emplacements including inspection, maintenance, repairs and all underwater services. The Company has specialized in the Ocean Engineering and Offshore Engineering with impetus on underwater operations. The operations are spread all along the coastal line of India. The longest outfall cross country pipeline with PE system was implemented by the direct supervision of Rajeev Nair, which involved 35000 mts of 710 mm OD, PE 100 and 9000 mts of 1000 mm OD,PE 100 for GIDC Dahej through L&T ECC Chennai. The entire project was completed handed over in all respects in 8 months record time. The first of its kind Sea water intake system and reject water disposal system for the de-salination plant for NPCIL is obtained for the company and implemented in stipulated time frame with stringent quality adherence. Hydrotech Systems Pvt. Ltd is now one of the prestigious establishments in Ocean and Off Shore Engineering and has a track record of handling vital installations in more than 22 offshore projects across the country.
Early Career as a Lyricist
He started off his journey as a lyricist with the much noticed devotional songs from the period of 2003. His early works include singer Biju Narayanan’s Lord Ayyapa devotional songs named as Makara Nilavu which was brought by HMV Audios. Another work penned by him was the devotional album Krishna Priyan. His combination with famous music director P. K. Reghu Kumar known for his famous songs from the evergreen super hit Thalavattom(1986) was the noted music album Varumo Vasantham (2008) which was brought out by Sathyam Audios. His teaming up with director Sugeeth for the album Ente Keralam was also a reason for his entry into film production. He also created magic with his lyrics for musical album Hare(2014) composed by ace musician Sreevalsan J Menon and was produced by Sathyam Audios. Hare was released on July 2014 and marks to be his latest contribution to Spiritual & Devotional genre.
As a Lyricist
His career as a lyricist in the Malayalam Film Industry began with the film Race(2011) starring Kunchako Boban, Indrajith Sukumaran and Mamtha Mohandas. Though he had penned for the Jayasurya starrer Vaadhyar(2012), his debut production venture Ordinary(2012) was released first. His work for the film still remains the most noticed in his career. The song Sun Sun Sundhari is considered to be one of his best till date. His other works includes the film Trivandrum Lodge(2012) which was written by Anoop Menon and directed by V. K. Prakash. The much popular song Erunottam Ithenthinu Veruthe from the movie Chettayees(2012) was also penned by him. Composed by Deepak Dev, the song was a major hit with Actor Lal and Biju Menon singing it. He later teamed up again with director Sugeeth and music director Vidyasagar for another super hit film 3 Dots(2013) after Ordinary. The song Mele Meyum from the same was a chartbuster. The songs from the surprise hit of 2014, Vellimoonga(2014) Starring Biju Menon, Aju Varghese and Nikki Galrani was also penned by him. He also wrote the lyrics for the Mohanlal starrer Peruchazhi(2014) which was also noted well.His recent work which released was Prithviraj Sukumaran starrer action thriller film, Picket 43(2015) directed by Major Ravi. The movie is being praised for its outstanding cinematography by Jomon T John and is turning out to be the first commercial success of 2015. His upcoming works includes Dulquer Salman and Nithya Menon starrer 100 Days of Love(2015) and Fahad Fazil starrer movie Haram(2015). Haram will witness the vibrant combination of the much popular musical band Thaikkudam Bridge with Rajeev Nair.
As a Producer
His maiden production venture under the banner of Magic Moon Productions was the Malayalam film Ordinary(2012) directed by Sugeeth. The movie starring Kunchako Boban, Biju Menon, Ann Augustine and an ensemble cast was huge success and one of the highest grosser of the year. The movie witnessed the upcoming of a new tourist destination Gavi, Pathanamthitta and the rising of a new comic combo of Kunchako Boban and Biju Menon. Their combination is considered one of the best after the cult comic combination of Mohanlal and Sreenivasan. The recently announced, Prithviraj Sukumaran movie 'Anarkali' will be produced by Rajeev Nair under the banner of Magic Moon productions. The movie will be the first directorial debut of writer Sachy.
- Eco Friendly Film Awards, 2013- Ordinary, Producer Rajeev Nair
- Cinema Scapes, 2012- Ordinary, Award for Best feature film other than Hindi.
- Aap Ki Awaaz Press Media Award 2012- Best Producer, Rajeev Nair
- Amritha Television Film Awards 2013- Ordinary, Popular Film
- Siima Awards 2015- Anarkali, Award for best actor in villainous role, Kabir Bedi
- Asia Vision Award 2016- Anarkali, Award anti-hero award, Kabir Bedi
|2015||Anarkali||Prithviraj Sukumaran, Biju Menon, Kabir Bedi|
|2012||Ordinary (film)||Kunchacko Boban, Shritha Sivadas, Biju Menon|
|2015||Lohan||Sree Valsan. j menon|
|2015||100 Days of Love||Govind Menon|
|2015||Picket 43||Ratheesh Vegha|
|2013||3 Dots||Vidyasagar (Composer)|
|2012||Trivandrum Lodge||M Jayachandran|
|2012||Vaadhyar||R.Gautham, Manoj George|
- "Rajeev nair Lyricist". moviebuff.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Rajeev Nair, Producer". IMDB. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Ordinary is entertaining.". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Kanninullil Nee Kanmani, Rajeev Nair". Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Magic Moon Productions again with Anarkali". Indiaglitz. Retrieved 3 February 2015.
- "Ordinary- A thrilling ride". The Hindu. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Prithviraj with Miya and Priyal Gor in Anarkali". Indiagltiz. Retrieved 4 February 2015.
- "Marine Outfall Pipelines". Hydroair Techtonics Pvt.Ltd. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Hydrotech System Flourishes'". HydrotechSystems.com. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "A handful of melodious songs.". Mathrubhumi.com. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "List of songs, Varumo Vasantham". Malayalageetham.com. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Hare(2014) Malayalam album". ITunes. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- "Lal & Biju Menon singing together.". Mollywoodframes.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Vellimoonga, A laugh riot!". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Picket 43, for friendship!". ibtimes.co.in. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Cross the Thaikkudam Bridge for music". Times Of India. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Rajeev Nair Lyricist, List of songs". Raaga.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Ordinary is not ordinary!". rediff.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Ordinary completes 10,000 shows!". Indiaglitz.com. Retrieved 29 January 2015.
- "Aap Ki Awaaz Press Media". Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "Popular film, Ordinary". Retrieved 1 February 2015.