||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This article or section uncritically uses the texts and opinions from within a religion, faith, or other belief system without referring to primary or secondary sources that critically analyse them. (June 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||July 23, 1966|
|Titles/honours||9th acharya of Laxminarayan Dev Gadi|
Rakeshprasadji (Devnagari: राकेशप्रसाद्जी) (23 July 1966 – present) is the current acharya of the LaxmiNarayan Dev Gadi of Swaminarayan Sampraday (31 January 2003–present) and the 9th spiritual successor of Swaminarayan in the South Diocese (Vadtal, LaxmiNarayan Dev Gadi) of the Swaminarayan Sampraday.[non-primary source needed]
An order by the Gujarat High Court removed his predecessor, Ajendraprasad and appointed Rakeshprasad in his place. Ajendraprasad disputed this and filed a review petition in the Gujarat High Court. The Times of India reported in 2014 that Ajendraprasad was a fugitive, accused of circulating images of his rivals' sadhus engaged in sexual acts. Therefore, as acting Acharya he is present in Vadtal however the courts are still unclear as to the genuine Acharya. However, the followers of Ajendraprasad declare that according to the tennets of Swaminarayan an Acharya cannot be disposed of as in place of Swaminarayan.Today the case of Acharya Pad of Vadtal Dev Gadi is Pending In Gujarat High-court.Rakeshprasad pandey was a LIC(Life insurance corporation) agent before 2003.
Swaminarayan Vadtal Gadi
vadtal gadi was established by swaminarayan and he made raghuvirji maharaj the first acharya of laxminarayandev gadi. Lord swaminarayan orderd his devotees to obey their Acharya. Vadtal gadi is also known as lakshminarayandev gadi and dakshin desh gaadi.Rakeshprasadji was elected by satsang mahasabha as head of lakshmiswaminarayan dev gadi.
Followers say Rakeshprasadji has interests in Sanskrit and Prakrit literature on religion, and that he has established temples and consecrated idols in them. They also say he has given Diksha to more than 450, as per the wish of Swaminarayan who mentioned this in the Desh Vibhag Lekh.
- Koshalendraprasad Pande of NarNarayan Dev Gadi
- "Acarya of Vadtal".
- "Vadtal, the delinquent in Swaminarayan family". Times of India. 2003-02-17. Archived from the original on June 6, 2008. Retrieved 2009-04-13.
- "Under khaki cloak, Vadtal gadi gets a new acharya". The Indian Express. 3 February 2003. Retrieved 27 January 2012.[dead link]
- "Vadtal factions at loggerheads again". The Times of India. 27 April 2004. Retrieved 27 January 2012.
- "HC denies Ajendraprasad anticipatory bail". Ahmedabad: Times of India. 16 December 2014.
- "Our Acharya - Acharya Shri Rakeshprasadji Maharaj". (primary source)