Rank and file
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rank and file may refer to:
- A military term relating to the horizontal "ranks" (rows) and vertical "files" (columns) of individual foot-soldiers, exclusive of the officers
- Positions on a chess board in chess terminology
- A term derived from the above used to refer to enlisted rank troops, as opposed to the officers
- The individual members of a political organization or labor union, exclusive of its leadership
- Rank and file movement, a blanket term for informal, left-leaning, militant groups among British trade unionists, generally strenuously opposed to the union hierarchies and by them, and often facing expulsion
- Rank and File Movement, a militant movement which grew within the Amalgamated Association of Iron and Steel Workers in the United States in 1934
- Rank and File (band), an American post-punk band
- The Rank and File, a 1971 BBC television play written by Jim Allen and directed by Ken Loach
- A variation of Forty Thieves (card game)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Rank and file.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.