|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (May 2014)|
Higgins' Phd thesis from Otago University, 'He kupu tuku iho mo tenei reanga: Te ahua o te tuku korero' was on the identity politics of female chin tattoos. She is currently Professor and Deputy Vice Chancellor Māori at Victoria University of Wellington.
Higgins has written Māori material for Te Ara: The Encyclopedia of New Zealand. She has been a member of the Waitangi Tribunal since 2013, and is on the board of Te Māngai Pāho, the Māori Broadcast Funding Agency.
- "Associate Professor Rawinia Higgins | Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga". Maramatanga.co.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Dr Rawinia Higgins, University of Otago, New Zealand". Otago.ac.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "He kupu tuku iho mo tenei reanga : Te ahua o te tuku korero". Otago.ourarchive.ac.nz. 2012-12-14. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "1. Understanding tangihanga – Tangihanga – death customs – Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand". Teara.govt.nz. 2013-05-14. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Dr Rawinia Higgins — Waitangi Tribunal". Justice.govt.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Minister announces Waitangi Tribunal Appointments". beehive.govt.nz. 2012-12-24. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Te Māngai Pāho | Dr Rawinia Higgins". Tmp.govt.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.