|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (May 2014)|
Higgins' Phd thesis from Otago University, 'He kupu tuku iho mo tenei reanga: Te ahua o te tuku korero' was on the identity politics of female chin tattoos. She is currently Associate Professor in Te Kawa a Māui / School of Māori Studies at Victoria University of Wellington.
Higgins has written Māori material for Te Ara: The Encyclopedia of New Zealand. She has been a member of the Waitangi Tribunal since 2013, and is on the board of Te Māngai Pāho, the Māori Broadcast Funding Agency.
- "Associate Professor Rawinia Higgins | Ngā Pae o te Māramatanga". Maramatanga.co.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Dr Rawinia Higgins, University of Otago, New Zealand". Otago.ac.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "He kupu tuku iho mo tenei reanga : Te ahua o te tuku korero". Otago.ourarchive.ac.nz. 2012-12-14. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "1. Understanding tangihanga – Tangihanga – death customs – Te Ara Encyclopedia of New Zealand". Teara.govt.nz. 2013-05-14. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Dr Rawinia Higgins — Waitangi Tribunal". Justice.govt.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Minister announces Waitangi Tribunal Appointments". beehive.govt.nz. 2012-12-24. Retrieved 2014-05-29.
- "Te Māngai Pāho | Dr Rawinia Higgins". Tmp.govt.nz. Retrieved 2014-05-29.