|Full name||Raymond Francis Putterill|
|Date of birth||3 February 1989|
|Place of birth||Wirral, England|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|2011–2012||→ Vauxhall Motors (loan)||0||(0)|
|2016||Aigburth Peoples Hall|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 00:18, 20 January 2013 (UTC).
Putterill started his career at Liverpool working his way through their youth teams and moving up to the Liverpool Academy in the summer of 2005. In April 2007 he was in the team that lifted the 2007 FA Youth Cup for Liverpool. He was given a senior contract in the summer of 2007 and made one first team appearance against Crewe Alexandra in pre-season during July 2007 in a friendly match, when he scored. He was awarded the number 35 shirt at Liverpool for the 2007–08 season and was named on the bench for the first time in a Football League Cup tie against Reading in September 2007. He was unable to break into the first team and failure to prove his fitness after a hip operation resulted in his release from Liverpool at the end of the 2008–09 season.
After seven operations throughout his career including a fractured spine, a hip reconstruction, cartilage in his knee, a hernia operation and a fractured spine when playing for England Schoolboys, the under 15s, against Ireland, in July 2010 he signed for League two club Accrington Stanley on a six-month contract. He made his league debut on 7 August 2010 in the opening match of the season against Aldershot and scored his first goal for the club on 25 August 2010 in a League Cup tie against Newcastle United.
In September 2010, both Putterill and Accrington Stanley were charged by the Football Association after the midfielder played whilst under a 42-day Liverpool County FA suspension. This related to an incident whilst playing for Halewood in April 2010 where he had been found guilty of improper or insulting behaviour, after swearing at the referee. The ban came into effect from 30 August 2010 and it was thought that playing Putterill may lead to Stanley being expelled from the Football League Trophy. On 13 October 2010 Stanley withdrew from the competition and Tranmere were reinstated. He returned from this ban in a League Two match on 16 October 2010 as a late substitute in Stanley's match against Rotherham.
Though no official announcement was made, his fitness levels were a concern and as a result he was not offered a contract by Accrington Stanley for the 2011–12 season.
On his return from suspension he joined Vauxhall Motors on loan until the end of the season, but failed to make a single first team appearance.
On 9 August Putterill signed for League 2 Team Rochdale on a non-contract basis. He scored his first Football League goal on 25 August. On 14 January 2013 Ray Putterill was released by the club along with fellow Dale player Ian Craney.
- FA Youth Cup: 2007 with Liverpool
- "United hold the edge". The Football Association. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Three starlets promoted to Melwood". Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Watch now: Putterill speaks to .tv". Liverpool F.C. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Reds have too much for Crewe". Liverpool F.C. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Reds' Ray of light for Putts". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- Bird, Simon (25 August 2010). "Accrington Stanley 2–3 Newcastle: Daily Mirror match report". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 19 March 2011.
- "Banned Accrington Stanley player is not malicious, says Halewood boss". Lancashire Telegraph. 9 September 2010. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- "Released Liverpool player is back in business at Stanley". Professional Footballers Association. Archived from the original on 2 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Accrington Stanley 0–0 Aldershot". BBC Sport. 7 August 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2010.
- "Accrington Stanley 2–3 Newcastle". BBC Sport. 25 August 2010. Retrieved 26 August 2010.
- "Accrington and Ray Putterill both charged by the FA". BBC Sport. 7 September 2010. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Reds want ban Putt on hold". Lancashire Telegraph. Retrieved 15 September 2010.
- "Tranmere Rovers may get cup reprieve as Accrington face FA charge". Click Liverpool. Retrieved 7 September 2010.
- "Accrington withdraw from Johnstone's Paint Trophy". BBC Sport. 13 October 2010. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- "Accrington 2–2 Rotherham". BBC Sport. 16 October 2010. Retrieved 16 October 2010.
- "Putterill joins Southport FC". southportfc.net. Retrieved 2 March 2012.
- "AFC Telford 0–1 Southport". BBC Sport. 10 March 2012. Retrieved 10 March 2012.
- "Rochdale sign Ian Craney & Ray Putterill on non-contract terms". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Torquay 4–2 Rochdale". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 25 August 2012.
- "Two Depart". rochdaleafc.co.uk. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Hyde sign Duo". www.hydefc.co.uk. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- "Waterloo Dock AFC on Twitter".
- "Ray Putterill – First – Marine Football Club".
- Includes other competitive competitions, including the FA Community Shield and Football League play-offs