Razors in the Night
|Razors in the Night|
|Origin||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|Genres||Hardcore, Oi!, punk|
|Labels||Contra, 4SubCulture, Horror Business Wrechords, Longshot, Pirates Press, Insurgence|
|Past members||Todd Wilson|
Razors in the Night is an American Oi!/hardcore skinhead band from Boston, Massachusetts,formed in 2009. The band was founded by Troy Schoeller (Vocals), who recruited four friends, Todd Wilson, guitar (ex-BEWARE!), Ian Clark, guitar (ex-Pure Impact), SWID, Bass (Acrobrats). The band name is taken from a Blitz song. Their sound is somewhat anomalous, fusing hardcore, Oi!, and a touch of garage rock.
Their songs range from the thrashy, in-your-face assault, "Hipster Holocaust", to the catchy "Carry On", to the anthemic Oi! ballad, "Skinheads Alright." Lyrical topics include drugs, alcohol, unemployment, depression, heartache, loose women with looser ethics, and Clamweiser Their musical influences include Oi! and Boston hardcore bands such as The Last Resort, Blitz, 4-Skins, Condemned 84, Blood for Blood, Slapshot, American Nightmare, Dropkick Murphys, Darkbuster, Death Before Dishonor, Snapcase, The Haunted, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, GG Allin & The Jabbers, The Who, Motörhead, Perkele and Stomper 98.
They first performed in February 2009. Since then, they have shared stages with bands including The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Rancid, The Business, Evil Conduct, Patriot, Blood For Blood, Resistance 77, Reagan Youth, The Unseen, and The Casualties. Their first international release, Carry On!, was released in the United States, Germany (Contra Records), Czech Republic (4Subculture Records), Belgium (Pure Impact Distro) and Canada (Longshot Music).
In 2010, they were nominated by the Boston Phoenix for Best New Act and Best Punk Act. The Boston Herald described the band as "the new vanguards of ... Boston hardcore" and one reviewer described one of their performances as "true in your face, shaved head, Doc wearing Boston music and a show well worth your hard earned working class dollar."
- Troy Schoeller - Vocals
- Ian Clark - Lead Guitar
- Zack Wells - Guitar
- Caleb Wheeler - Drums
- 'Swid' - Bass
- Todd Wilson - Guitar
- RITN / Vagiant (Horror Business Records) – Spit 7"
- Carry On! (Horror Business Records) – CD USA Release
- Carry On! - 10" Vinyl record (Contra Records/Longshot Music), European Release – 3 different versions:
- 1) Regular Blood Splattered
- 2) Limited Edition: Oxblood W/ Golden Flech
- 3) Ultra Limited Edition: Signed Black on Black 180 gram vinyl This version has two songs not on the USA Release
- Carry On! - (4 Subculture Records, Czech Republic) CD European Release, this version has two songs not on the USA Release.
- Contra Records 2010 Compilation – Featured song "Skinheads Alright"
- Never Give In! - 13 tracks, released on 13 May 2014
- Oi! This is Streetpunk Volume 4- My boots are red, 12 inch, Pirates Press Records
- A BETTER TOMORROW / Split 7" Razors in the Night, NOi!SE, Broadsiders, and Sydney Ducks, (Contra Records/Longshot Music)
- Razors in the Night / Strongbow - Split 7", (Contra Records/Longshot Music)
- Basement Brigade (single)by Razors in the Night, (Contra Records/Longshot Music)
- "Razors in the Night on MySpace Music". Myspace.com. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- Still Crucified Interview
- "Contra Records & Textildruck - Razors in the Night - Carry on!". Contra-net.com. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "Boston's Best New Act - Best Music Poll". Thephoenix.com. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "Boston's Best Punk - Best Music Poll". Thephoenix.com. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- "Razors declare ‘Oi’ to the world". BostonHerald.com. 2010-01-23. Retrieved 2010-04-24.
- Boston Band Crush