This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Operating system||Linux, Windows, Solaris, OS X|
|License||Free and commercial|
PragmaDev Studio is a modeling tool introduced by PragmaDev in 2002. It was initially called Real Time Developer Studio or RTDS. Its primary objective was to support SDL-RT modeling technology, a mix of the standard SDL from ITU-T and C language. Since V5.0 launched on October 7, 2015 RTDS is called PragmaDev Studio. Is it organized in four independent modules: Specifier, Developer, Tester and Tracer. V5.1 launched on November 29, 2016 introduces a freemium licensing model.
|This section does not cite any sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Specification and Description Language
The Specification and Description Language -SDL- is a modeling language standardized by ITU-T to describe communicating systems. SDL is graphical but contains an action language with a semantic of execution making the SDL models executable. SDL is considered formal because it is complete and non ambiguous. SDL-RT is a variant of SDL where the action language is replaced by C or C++ instructions. SDL-RT is considered semi-formal because the mix of SDL and code. ITU-T has standardized a UML profile based on SDL making by extension any SDL tool a sort of UML tool.
PragmaDev Specifier embeds an SDL simulator that behaves like a model debugger. It is possible to set breakpoints graphically, to view variables, and pending timers. During execution a live trace is generated based on the Message Sequence Chart ITU-T standard.
PragmaDev Developer can generate C or C++ out of an SDL model. The generated can be adapted to any Real Time Operating System or scheduler. The tool offers a number of integrations with debuggers such as gdb so that the user feels he is still debugging the model, not the generated code.
PragmaDev Studio can export the SDL model to different formats such as IF, FIACRE, or XLIA in order to verify the model in third party tools such as IFx from Verimag, TINA from LAAS, or Diversity from CEA LIST.
PragmaDev Tester support TTCN-3 international standard for testing. The tool can simulate the test case against the SDL model, or testing code can be generated to run against a real SUT (System Under Test).
Model Based Testing
- PragmaDev Studio can generate TTCN-3 test cases out of Message Sequence Charts resulting from a simulation.
- Test cases can also be generated out of the SDL model through a third party technology such as IFx from Verimag or Diversity from CEA LIST. For that purpose PragmaDev Studio exports the model to a pivot language that is understood by the third party tool.
PragmaDev Studio introduces a Performance Analyzer to find the best architecture for time or energy in a set of scenario.
PragmaDev Studio history
|2002||1.x||SDL-RT support with code generation for VxWorks and debug with Tornado.|
|2004||3.x||SDL support including simulation.|
|2009||4.x||TTCN-3 support for testing.|
|2015||5.x||New look and feel. New organization in modules: Specifier, Developer, Tester, Tracer.|
The creator of PragmaDev Studio is the private company PragmaDev. PragmaDev was founded in 2001, and is located in Paris, France.
- "PragmaDev. Profile.". Retrieved 2014-03-30.
PragmaDev is [a] provider of graphical software modelling tools based on SDL...
- Gaudin, E.; Deltour, J.; Faivre, A.; Lapitre, A., "Model-Based Testing: An Approach with SDL/RTDS and DIVERSITY" in SAM 2014 proceedings,Eds. Amyot, Daniel, Fonseca i Casas, Pau, Mussbacher, Gunter, Springer LNCS 8769, September 2014.
- Kuhn, T.; Gotzhein, R.; Webel, C., "Model-Driven Development with SDL – Process, Tools, and Experiences" in Model Driven Engineering Languages and Systems, Eds. Nierstrasz, Oscar; Whittle, Jon; Harel, David; Reggio, Gianna, Springer LNCS 4199, October 2006.
- Hassine, M.B.; Grati, K.; Ghazel, A.; Kouki, A., "Design and Implementation of AIS Link Layer Using SDL-RT," Systems Conference, 2008 2nd Annual IEEE, vol., no., pp. 1,5, 7–10 April 2008.
- Serge Haddad; Fabrice Kordon; Laurent Pautet; Laure Petrucci, "Distributed Systems: Design and Algorithms", Wiley and Sons Inc. 2011.
- SAM 2010 proceedings Springer LNCS.
- SDL 2009 proceedings Springer LNCS.
- Models 2006 conference Springer LNCS.
- Distributed systems Wiley 2013.
- CASE 2011 Simposio Argentino de Sistemas Embedidos.
- ENSEEIHT school of engineering handout on embedded systems.
- Telecom SudParis school of engineering handout on SDL.
- Laurent Doldi (2003). Validation of Communications Systems with SDL: The Art of SDL Simulation and Reachability Analysis. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- SDL Illustrated - Visually design executable models - TMSO - ISBN 2-9516600-0-6.