Regional Rail, LLC
|Industry||Short line freight|
|Headquarters||Kennett Square, Pennsylvania|
|Delaware, New York, Pennsylvania|
|Robert C. Parker, President and CEO|
Regional Rail, LLC is a company operating short-line railroads in Delaware, New York, and Pennsylvania. It operates three railroads: East Penn Railroad, Middletown and New Jersey Railroad, and Tyburn Railroad, as well as the Conshohocken Recycling & Rail Transfer. It is based in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania.
Regional Rail, LLC owns three railroads in the Mid-Atlantic states of the United States. The East Penn Railroad operates on 114 miles (183 km) of trackage in Delaware and eastern Pennsylvania. The Middletown and New Jersey Railroad operates 43 miles (69 km) of railroad lines near Middletown in New York. The Tyburn Railroad serves a transload facility in Morrisville, Bucks County, Pennsylvania. Regional Rail, LLC also owns the Conshohocken Recycling & Rail Transfer in Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, a waste transfer station that ships waste to landfills by rail. The company also owns Diamondback Signal, which installs and maintains grade crossing signals for short line and regional railroads.
Regional Rail, LLC was formed in April 2007. Four months later, it took over the East Penn Railroad. In April 2009, the company acquired the Middletown and New Jersey Railroad. In September 2011, Regional Rail, LLC took over the Tyburn Railroad. In June 2012, Regional Rail, LLC took over the Conshohocken Recycling & Rail Transfer. Two months later, the company gained majority ownership of Diamondback Signal, LLC. In August 2015, private equity group Levine Leichtman Capital Partners purchased Regional Rail, with the intention to continue its operations.
- "About Regional Rail". Regional Rail, LLC. Retrieved July 22, 2010.
- "Regional Rail LLC Home Page". Regional Rail, LLC. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "Conshohocken Recycling & Rail Transfer, LLC". Regional Rail, LLC. Retrieved June 25, 2012.
- "About Diamondback Signal, LLC". Regional Rail, LLC. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "Regional Rail LLC Acquires Majority Share of Diamondback Signal, LLC" (PDF). Regional Rail, LLC. August 10, 2012. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- "California private equity firm acquires shortline holding company Regional Rail". Trains Magazine. August 25, 2015. Retrieved August 25, 2015.