Remote infrastructure management
Remote infrastructure management (RIM) is the remote management of information technology (IT) infrastructure. This can include the management of computer hardware and software, such as workstations (desktops, laptops, notebooks, etc.), servers, network devices, storage devices, IT security devices, etc. of a company.
Major sub-services included in RIM are:
- Service desk / Help desk
- Proactive monitoring of server and network devices
- Workstation management
- Server Management
- Storage management
- Application support
- IT security Management and database management.
- Remote monitoring and management
- Network monitoring
- Network performance management
- Systems management
- Comparison of network monitoring systems