Ren Ng with Lytro light field camera in 2012.
September 21, 1979
|Occupation||Executive Chairman, Lytro|
Yi-Ren Ng (born September 21, 1979) is the founder and executive chairman of Lytro, a Mountain View, California-based startup company. Lytro is developing consumer light-field cameras based on Ng's graduate research at Stanford University.
Ng was born in Malaysia, and emigrated to Australia at the age of 9. He earned a B.S. degree in mathematical and computational science in 2001, an M.S. in computer science in 2002, and a Ph.D. in computer science in 2006, all from Stanford University. His doctorate titled Digital Light Field Photography, received the 2006 ACM Doctoral Dissertation Award.
- Manu Kumar (June 22, 2011). "The Making of Lytro". Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- Ina Fried (June 21, 2011). "Meet the Stealthy Start-Up That Aims to Sharpen Focus of Entire Camera Industry". Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- Rachel Metz (November 21, 2005). "Say Sayonara to Blurry Pics". Wired News. Retrieved June 23, 2011.
- "Conversation: Dr. Ren Ng, inventor of Lytro Camera". Perspactive: Mithaq Kazimi.
- "ACM Recognizes Contributors Who Advanced The Computing Field". March 29, 2007.