This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Renee M Borges|
|Born||February 25, 1959|
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's College, Mumbai, University of Bombay|
|Known for||Chemical ecology, Planta-animal interactions, Behavioural ecology, and Evolutionary biology|
|Institutions||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Doctoral advisor||Ted Fleming|
|Doctoral students||Hema Somanathan, Subhash Mali|
Renee Maria Borges (born February 25, 1959) is an Indian scientist. She is currently a professor & chair at the Centre for Ecological Sciences, Indian Institute of Science. Her work has been featured on India Today.
Borges had her first stint in science at the St. Xavier's College, Mumbai. She obtained her bachelor's degree in zoology and microbiology, with distinction, from the Institute of Science of the University of Bombay in 1979. She also obtained her master's degree in animal physiology, in 1982. She received a PhD from the University of Miami, in Coral Gables, Florida, with a thesis entitled "Resource heterogeneity and the foraging ecology of the malabar giant squirrel, Ratufa indica".
Borges has made significant contributions in her field of research.[according to whom?] Some of her appointments are:
- Fellow, Indian Academy of Sciences, Member, Board of Governors, National Institute of Technology (Goa), 2012
- Member, Western Ghat Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP), Government of India, 2010–2011
- Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences, Bangalore, 2009.
- "IISc - Profile at Centre for Ecological Sciences". Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "59-62.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved April 8, 2014.
- Chalk it up : Woman - India Today
- Borges, Renee. "Resource heterogeneity and the foraging ecology of the Malabar giant squirrel, Ratufa indica". University of Miami. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- Saberwal, Vasant; Rangarajan, Mahesh (2005). "The Anatomy of Ignorance". Battles Over Nature: Science and the Politics of Conservation. Orient Blackswan. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- McCarthy, David M. (2016-03-11). "Homes for Conviviality". Journal of Moral Theology. 5 (1).
- "BORGES BIODATA 2012.pdf" (PDF). Retrieved April 8, 2014.