This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Type of site
|Headquarters||Raleigh-Durham, North Carolina, United States|
|Founder(s)||Mike Doernberg, Jed Carlson, Lou Plaia, Robbert Hubbard, Steve Jernigan|
|Alexa rank||10,641 (January 2018)|
|Launched||October 31, 2006|
ReverbNation is an American online platform that provides tools and opportunities for musicians to manage their careers. Since it launched in 2006, they have introduced a number of applications and services such as the TuneWidget, Band Profile Facebook app, and Promote It. In 2014, ReverbNation developed curation-at-scale technology designed to help locate and evaluate large groups of bands and artists, either for licensing and management opportunities or for larger events like Hard Rock Cafe Rising and Summerfest. ReverbNation's user base currently sits at more than 3.8 million musicians, fans, venues, and labels in more than 190 countries worldwide.
- ReverbNation provides a widget that allows its members to place content on web pages. This TuneWidget is a feature that links back to additional content, such as music recommended by the band who created the widget.
- A feature called Band Equity measures popularity based on four metrics of its service: reach, influence, access, and recency. Artists are then ranked according to genre and location.
- Promote It allows independent musicians to advertise on Facebook and other major music websites (Pitchfork Media, Spin (magazine), YouTube), with custom landing pages and dynamic reporting so that users know where their ads have appeared.
- A music charity program called Music For Good was launched in 2013. This program allows artists to donate half of any MP3 sales to the non-profit of their choice. As of October 2013, the program consisted of more than 100,000 artists and 13 charities (including Oxfam, Half the Sky, and World Vision International).
- The Gig Finder tool gives independent musicians access to a database of over 600,000 venues and helps them customize their search based on location, name of the venue they wish to play to, places similar artists have played, and clubs the musician has performed at before.
- ReverbNation created proprietary "curation-at-scale" technology that allows the company to sort through their artists and locate promising talent. The technology uses a combination of Big data and human tastemaking expertise to review around 200,000 songs a month.
- ReverbNation CONNECT is an invite-only artist development program that helps to guide artists through their career and provide them access to ReverbNation's top-tier industry opportunities. There are around 300 artists currently in the ReverbNation CONNECT program, and each artist has a dedicated manager. The program aims to help with all aspects of an artist's development, including studio sessions, sync licensing placements, publishing rights, live show development, social media strategy, and PR resources.
- EchoMusic by ReverbNation is a music discovery app that features music hand-picked from the site by ReverbNation's Curation Team.
- The band Rehab headlined the ReverbNation summer 2007 tour.
- In May, 2008, Judas Priest pre-released a track from its upcoming album on ReverbNation. Its label, Epic Records, described the use of the TuneWidget as "a must have tool for any artist's viral campaign".
- In Dec, 2009, ReverbNation partnered with Microsoft launching Playlist 7 sponsorship program where 7 top emerging artists were able to showcase their work through a song feature
- In January 2015, ReverbNation announced an alliance with Summerfest, the "World's Largest Music Festival," in which ReverbNation would become the festival's exclusive online submission platform for three years.
- In January 2015, ReverbNation announced the fifth straight year of Hard Rock Rising (in collaboration with Hard Rock Cafe), in which bands from across the world would compete in a battle of the bands competition for a spot at Hard Rock Rising 2015 in Barcelona, Spain.
- ReverbNation and the performance rights organisation SESAC announced a formal partnership in which artists from ReverbNation's artist development branch CONNECT would be extended an invitation to SESAC.
- ReverbNation partnered with Special Olympics to book more than 120 bands and artists for the Unified Relay Tour across America in the spring of 2015.
- CONNECT Songs was launched in April 2015. The Music licensing program is run in partnership with Sentric Music, and it allows ReverbNation "to provide administration services under a revenue sharing model with its artists." 
- ReverbNation partnered with Hitcher media to create licensing opportunities in film, TV, video game, and ad spots for its artists. The program is available to its ReverbNation CONNECT artist development roster.
- "The Watch List" is a monthly singles series presented by ReverbNation's artist development wing, ReverbNation CONNECT, presented in conjunction with The Fader magazine. It features new music and video footage from ReverbNation CONNECT artists who visit studios in New York City and Nashville to record new material for the series.
Musicians and Bands
WIll Tommy Jones, Hypnogaja, As Blood Runs Black, Your Favorite Enemies, As Tall as Lions, Sunset Black, Judas Priest, Manowar, Blue October, Eminem, Public Enemy, Rihanna, The Murder of My Sweet, Tech N9ne, Heyzy, Hopsin, Rick Ross, P. Diddy (Sean Combs), The Crüxshadows, The New Black, Bonfire, Schandmaul, KrawallBrüder, Betontod, Scorpions, Mark Ambuter.
- "ReverbNation Site Overview". Alexa.com. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Hard Rock and ReverbNation Call Artists for Hard Rock Rising Battle of the Bands". MusicConnection.com. 2015-01-06.
- "ReverbNation Inc. 5000". Inc. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Gigs & Bytes: Judas Priest's Widget / Metallica's Mission". Pollstar. 2006-06-16.
- "ReverbNation Adds Like-Gating to My Band Facebook App, Renames It Band Profile". Adweek. 2011-03-11.
- "Business Matters: RootMusic, ReverbNation, Vevo Are Top Music Apps on Facebook". Billboard. 2011-09-02.
- "ReverbNation helps artists target ads to users who have listened to similar artists". Adweek. 2012-06-12.
- "ReverbNation Launches PROMOTE IT Facebook Advertising Platform". Hypebot.com. 2011-08-24.
- "ReverbNation Partners With SESAC, Announces CONNECT Artist Development Incubator". Hypebot.com. 2015-03-24.
- "Summerfest and ReverbNation To Provide Artists Free Submissions To "World's Largest Music Festival"". hypebot.com. 2015-01-22.
- "ReverbNation and Hard Rock Partner For International Battle Of The Bands". Hypebot.com. 2015-01-06.
- "Gigs & Bytes: Judas Priest's Widget / Metallica's Mission". Pollstar. 2008-05-16. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "TuneWidget". eMinor, Inc. Archived from the original on 2008-05-29. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Bits & Briefs". 120 (15). Billboard. 2008-04-12.
- "Band Equity: A Better Measurement Than Song Charts" (PDF). eMinor, Inc. 2008-03-17. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "ReverbNation Expands PROMOTE IT Ad Platform To Premium Music Sites". Hypebot.com. 2015-01-12. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "100,000 Musicians Support Charities Through Music for Good". The Huffington Post. 2013-11-01. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "New ReverbNation initiative Music For Good helps bands direct money to charity". Hypebot.com. 2013-03-08. Retrieved 2012-09-18.
- "Getting Gigs, Pt. 2: The Hunt For Bookings". Hypebot.com. 2014-10-13. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "ReverbNation Launches EchoMusic App, Helps Indie Music Fans "Discover The Undiscovered"". Hypebot. 2015-07-28.
- "ReverbNation CONNECT is Curation At Scale". Amplify Magazine. 2015-11-03.
- "Exec Profile: Simon Perry of ReverbNation". Music Connection. 2015-10-19.
- "ReverbNation Launches EchoMusic, A New App For Discovering Only The Best Of New Acts". Forbes. 2015-07-28.
- "REHAB to Headline the ReverbNation Tour". top-40charts.com. 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2008-05-29.
- "Judas Priest Single 'Nostradamus' Blows Up With ReverbNation Widget". Blabbermouth.net. 2008-05-08. Archived from the original on 2008-05-08. Retrieved 2008-05-28.
- "Microsoft Sponsors Song Download Promo on ReverbNation". 2009-12-08. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Summerfest and ReverbNation To Provide Artists Free Submissions To "World's Largest Music Festival"". HypeBot.com. 2015-01-22. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "Hard Rock Rising 2015 Battle of the Bands launches". Music News. 2015-01-12. Retrieved 2015-03-17.
- "ReverbNation Partners With SESAC for Artist Development Initiative". Billboard. 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2015-03-25.
- "ReverbNation Is Looking For A Few Good Bands". Pollstar. 2015-04-14.
- "ReverbNation Launches Music Publishing Division, CONNECT Songs". All Access Music Group. 2015-04-22.
- "ReverbNation Launches CONNECT Songs Publishing Services In Partnership With Sentric Music". Hypebot.com. 2015-04-22.
- "ReverbNation Teams with Hitcher For Placements". Music Connection. 2015-06-15.
- "ReverbNation Pushes Further Into Artist Development With Monthly Singles Series". Billboard. 2015-10-15.
- "Nashville Singer-Songwriter Vienna Debuts "What Are You Waiting For" Video". The Fader. 2015-10-15.