|Born||Rhema Marvanne Voraritskul
September 15, 2002
Dallas, Texas, United States
Rhema Marvanne Voraritskul was born September 15, 2002. Her father is Teton Voraritskul and her mother is Wendi Marvanne. She was born at Trinity Hospital in Dallas, Texas. She was carried to term but was still very small. Rhema weighed 4.11 lbs and had to stay in the NICU for three weeks before she was taken home. Rhema was baptized in 2009 and her family attends The Branch Church in Plano, Texas. Her paternal grandfather, Chai Voraritskul, was an immigrant from Thailand.
Rhema began singing the same time she began talking. In 2009, Rhema gained Internet fame at the age of six after recording her first song, "Amazing Grace". Her recording of "Amazing Grace" gained her YouTube fame when posted June 13, 2010, along with the publicity on the Maury Povich Show She appeared on the Maury Povich Show Most Talented Kids 2010, and Korean show Star King. She takes inspiration from her mother, Wendi Marvanne, who died due to ovarian cancer on November 8, 2008, at the age of 36.
Her albums to date have been produced by her father. The album "Believe" was produced by David Howarth.
- Rhema Marvanne, released Friday, October 15, 2010
- All Seasons
- Believe, released in May or June 2011
- Yang, Fenggang, Chinese Christians in America: conversion, assimilation, and adhesive identities, Penn State Press, 1999, ISBN 0-271-01917-4, p. 40
- 7-Year-Old Singer Rhema Marvanne's God Talent, myfoxtwincities.com, July 29, 2010.
- V., Teton. Obituary: Wendi Mercy Voraritskul jchouseofmercy.org.
- Schwab, Deniece (2010-06-22). "Singing in mom’s memory: Young girl to entertain at local benefit for cancer center". Sidney Herald.
- Amazing Voice: 7-Year-Old Gospel Singer Belts Whitney And Celine Songs, new.nz.music.yahoo.com, July 30, 2010.