Rhythm and Blues Revue
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Rhythm and Blues Revue|
|Directed by||Joseph Kohn|
|Produced by||Ben Frye|
|Written by||Ben Frye
|Edited by||Arthur Rosenblum|
|Distributed by||Studio Films, Inc.|
Rhythm and Blues Revue is a plotless variety show, one of several compiled for theatrical exhibition from the made-for-television short films produced by Snader and Studio Telescriptions, with newly filmed host segments by Willie Bryant. Originally 86 minutes, the "short" version available on public domain collections and websites is missing a reel.
- Lionel Hampton
- Faye Adams
- Bill Bailey
- Herb Jeffries
- Freddie & Flo (Freddie Lucas and Florence Hill)
- Amos Milburn
- The Larks (David Bowers, Orville Brooks and Gene Mumford)
- Sarah Vaughan
- Count Basie
- Big Joe Turner
- Delta Rhythm Boys
- Martha Davis
- Little Buck
- Nat King Cole
- Mantan Moreland
- Nipsey Russell
- Cab Calloway
- Ruth Brown
- Willie Bryant
- Amos Milburn - "Bad Bad Whiskey"
- Bill Bailey (dancing) - "The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise"
- The Larks - "The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise"
- Nat King Cole - "Calypso Blues"
- Delta Rhythm Boys - "Dry Bones"
- Faye Adams - "Every Day"
- Martha Davis & Her Spouse - "Goodbye Honey, Goodbye"
- Count Basie Combo - "Basie's Conversation", "One O'Clock Jump
- Ruth Brown - "It's Raining Teardrops From My Eyes"
- Lionel Hampton And His Orchestra - "Vibe Boogie", "Bongo Interlude"
- Cab Calloway And His Orchestra - "Minnie the Moocher"
- Sarah Vaughan - "Perdido"
- Big Joe Turner - "Shake, Rattle and Roll"
- Herb Jeffries - "In My Heart (There's a Song)"
- Clear, Rebecca D. (1994). Jazz on film and video in the Library of Congress. DIANE Publishing. p. 107.
- Rhythm and Blues Revue on IMDb
- Rhythm and Blues Revue is available for free download at the Internet Archive
|This article about a music-related documentary film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|