|Alma mater||Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli|
Zacconi was born in 1967 in Rome, Italy. He attended Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli in Rome from where he graduated in 1993 with a Bachelor's degree in economics.
After leaving university, Zacconi worked as a consultant. One of his roles during this time included a six-year period as project manager at Boston Consulting Group, between 1993 and 1999. His first career role was as a consultant during a two year long stint at LEK consulting, between 1991 and 1993.
In 2001, he left Spray and moved to the UK to become vice president of European sales and marketing at Terrence "Lee" Zehrer's uDate. He left this company shortly after its merger with Match.com and in March 2003, he co-founded King, becoming the CEO. He has since grown the company into one of the most successful mobile gaming businesses worldwide.
Zacconi is a leading figure in the UK tech industry and is a proponent of the UK government's efforts to establish a tech city in East London. According to an interview in the Daily Telegraph, he also has a positive reputation in San Francisco as a leading tech figure following a dinner with Mark Zuckerberg. He was reportedly identified as the posterchild for Europe's mobile gaming sector. He was knighted by the Italian President in December 2016 with the title of Commendatore dell'Ordine della Stella d'Italia.
- "Riccardo Zacconi, King Digital Entertainment". EuropeanCEO.com. 4 August 2014.
- "Who are the Candy Crush millionaires?". Guardian.
- "Executive Profile: Riccardo Zacconi". Bloomberg.
- "Sunday interview: King's Riccardo Zacconi". Daily Telegraph. 28 June 2014.
- "Riccardo Zacconi (King Entertainment) receives award of Commendatore dell'Ordine della Stella d'Italia". amblondra.esteri.it. Retrieved 18 December 2018.