|Full name||Richard David Allan Dodds|
23 February 1959|
Richard David Allan Dodds OBE (born 23 February 1959) is an English former field hockey player. He was captain of the gold medal-winning Great Britain squad in the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul. Four years earlier he won Bronze at the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles. He also captained the England squad who won Silver at the 1986 Hockey World Cup. He was awarded the OBE for services to hockey.
Dodds was born in the English city of York, and was educated at Kingston Grammar School and at St Catharine's College, Cambridge. He currently works as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, England.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill. "Richard Dodds". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Remembering the boys of 86 - Sports Journalists' Association". 17 October 2006. Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "Richard Dodds". NHS Choices. Retrieved 25 October 2016.
- "Southgate Hockey Club - National Representation". Retrieved 21 November 2014.
- "EHL statistics". Retrieved 21 November 2014.