|Full name||Richard Darío Núñez Pereyra|
|Date of birth||16 February 1976|
|Place of birth||Montevideo, Uruguay|
|Height||1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Striker, Playmaker, Left Winger|
|2005||Atlético de Madrid||11||(2)|
|2006||→ C.F. Pachuca (loan)||17||(5)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 October 2013.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 23 June 2006
He has played in Mexico since 13 August 2005, when he joined Cruz Azul, scoring 4 goals against Tecos UAG in his debut match. He later joined C.F. Pachuca. In May 2006, after a successful campaign with Pachuca, he re-signed with Cruz Azul to a 2-year contract.
On 3 January 2008 he has been transferred to Cruz Azul's Rival Club América for US$1,250,000 in 2-year contract worth $700,000 annually. Núñez already wanted to leave Cruz Azul because his future in Cruz Azul depended on what would happen with the transfer of Cesar Delgado.
On 6 June 2008 he was put in the transfers list in Club América. Nuñez was to stay at Club América as a punishment but without playing any tournament or filial teams for not accepting to go to Puebla. However, Nuñez unilaterally terminated his contract and left for Peñarol in September 2008, after FIFA granted the player had rights to sign a new club independently to the contract dispute with América. Also, América sued Nuñez for damages after AWOL (since 25 June) on 13 August directly to FIFA and he counter-sued the club for un-paid wages of August and to resolute the contract as the club allegedly prevented him to train with club through phone conversation. On 5 February 2010, FIFA Dispute Resolution Chamber returned the case to Mexican Football Federation. In July 2010, Núñez reached an agreement with Club América.
Return to Uruguay
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2011)|
|2002–2003||Grasshopper||Swiss Super League|
|Clausura 2006||Pachuca||Primera División de México|
- "Núñez sustituye a Musampa" (in Spanish). UEFA.com. 26 January 2005. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Decision of Dispute Resolution Chamber 210714" (PDF). FIFA (in Spanish). 5 February 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Richard encabeza lista de transferibles americanistas" (in Spanish). mediotiempo.com. 6 June 2008. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Richard Núñez regresó a la actividad... pero no con América" (in Spanish). mediotiempo.com. 24 July 2008. Retrieved 18 February 2011.
- "Se arregló Richard Núñez con América tras dos años de litigio" (in Spanish). mediotiempo.com. 8 July 2010. Retrieved 18 February 2011.