Richard N.W. Wohns
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Richard N.W. Wohns|
|Born||Richard N.W. Wohns|
Harvard College |
Yale School of Medicine
National Hospital, Queen Square
UW Dept of Neurological Surgery
UW School of Business
Seattle University School of Law
NeoSpine, LLC |
Good Samaritan Hospital
St Francis Hospital
Swedish Medical Center
Richard N.W. Wohns is a neurosurgeon; and the founder and president of NeoSpine, LLC (a spine surgery and interventional pain management center). He has been listed one of the 50 Spine Surgeons and Specialists to Know by Becker's ASC Review. He currently practices and teaches medicine in the Puget Sound Region of Washington, United States.
Wohns is a board certified neurosurgeon affiliated with St Francis Hospital, and Swedish Medical Center. He is the founder of NeoSpine which has offices in Seattle, Puyallup, and Poulsbo, Washington. Wohns is a pioneer of outpatient spine surgery and founded the company, NeoSpine, which developed outpatient spine centers nationally. NeoSpine was acquired by Symbion, Inc., in 2008, then Symbion was acquired by Surgery Partners. Wohns continues to serve as special consultant for outpatient spine surgery. He was also a co-founder of U.S. Radiosurgery which was acquired by Alliance Oncology, Inc., in 2011. Wohns is director on the Board of Aqueduct Critical Care, Inc., health policy consultant to Nuvasive, and consultant and scientific advisor to a number of spinal device companies, and principal of Wohns Consulting Group. Wohns is Chief Medical Officer of angelMD.
Wohns has been the physician for a number of mountain climbing expeditions including early in his career when he served as Medical Director for the Ultima Thule Everest Expedition in which high altitude brain research was performed. On a K2 expedition he performed an appendectomy on a Balti porter who perforated his appendix.
Wohns has performed over 3000 outpatient cervical and lumbar surgeries and his expertise includes outpatient and minimally invasive spine surgery, complex spine surgery, cervical and lumbar disc arthroplasty (artificial discs). He lectures both nationally and internationally and hosts yearly summits on the latest advancements in spine surgery techniques.
- Aqueduct Neurosciences, Director 
- South Sound Neurosurgery Research & Education Institute, Director
- Past-President, Western Neurosurgical Society,
- Ranier Technology, Scientific Advisory Board 
- Chief Medical Officer, angelMD 
Awards and recognitions
In March 2014, Wohns was named in an article published on Becker's Hospital Review entitled 40 of the Smartest People in Healthcare. He was recognized in September 2013 in Becker's Spine Review as one of the 92 Spinal Surgeon Device Inventors and Innovators to Know. He was listed in 50 Spine Surgeons and Specialists to know by Becker's ASC Review in February 2010., He was recognized in 2009 as one of the top three Outstanding Health Care Executives – Metropolitan Region by the Seattle Business Journal.
- "American Medical Association, Doctor Finder". ama-assn.org. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- "Home - Spinal Surgery, Pain Management, Puyallup, Seattle, Poulsbo, Washington, WA". NeoSpine. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "50 Spine Surgeons and Specialists to Know". Beckersasc.com. 2010-02-05. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Hospital Health System - Tulsa, OK - Saint Francis Health System". Saintfrancis.com. 2015-03-25. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Swedish Hospital | Swedish Medical Center Seattle and Issaquah". Swedish.org. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "surgerypartners.com". Symbion.com. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Alliance HealthCare Services". Alliance Oncology. 2014-05-20. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "The Team - Aqueduct Neurosciences". aqueductneurosciences.com. 2015-08-18.
- "About Us | angelMD". angelmd.co. 2015-08-18.
- "Richard Wohns, M.D. - CHI Franciscan Health". Chifranciscan.org. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- Wohns, R. N.; Colpitts, M; Colpitts, Y; Clement, T; Blackett, W. B. (1987). "Effect of high altitude on the visual evoked responses in humans on Mt. Everest". Neurosurgery. 21 (3): 352–6. doi:10.1227/00006123-198709000-00013. PMID 3670581.
- "Mountain Medicine - Dr. Richard Wohns' Homepage". Richardwohns.com. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Mazama". Destinationmi.com. 2015-01-06. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "The Team". Aqueduct Neurosciences. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Western Neurosurgical Society Committees". Westnsurg.org. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Rainier Technology Scientific Advisors". ranier.co.uk. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- "angelMD: Connect with the Future of Medicine". angelmd.co. Retrieved 2015-05-12.
- Adamopoulos, Helen (2014-03-04). "40 of the Smartest People in Healthcare". Beckershospitalreview.com. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "92 Spinal Surgeon Device Inventors & Innovators to Know". Beckersspine.com. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "Health Care Heroes 2009 | Washington and Puget Sound Business News Source | Seattle Business Magazine". Sandbox.seattlebusinessmag.com. Retrieved 2015-04-06.