The Rt Rev Richard Rawle, DD, was Bishop of Trinidad and Tobago from 1872, and Dean of its cathedral from 1878, until his death in 1889.
Richard Rawle was born in 1812 and educated at Trinity College, Cambridge. After graduation he was ordained in 1839  and accepted the rectory of Cheadle, Staffordshire. From 1847 to 1864 he was Principal of Codrington College Barbados and then (until his elevation to the Episcopate) Vicar of Tamworth. He died on 10 May 1889.
Notes and references
- ^ The Times, Thursday, Jun 29, 1876; pg. 8; Issue 28668; col D University Intelligence
- ^ “Who was Who” 1897-1990 London, A & C Black, 1991 ISBN 0-7136-3457-X
- ^ "Rawle, Richard (RWL831R)". A Cambridge Alumni Database. University of Cambridge.
- ^ "The Clergy List, Clerical Guide and Ecclesiastical Directory" London, Hamilton & Co 1889
- ^ ‘Rawle , Richard (1812–1889)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Courtney,W.P (Oxford, Oxford University Press, Sept 2004) ISBN 0-19-861411-X