Richard de Clare
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Richard de Clare may refer to:
- Richard fitz Gilbert (died 1090), lord of Clare and of Tonbridge, ancestor of the Clare family.
- Richard fitz Gilbert de Clare (1094–15 April 1136); also known as Richard de Clare, 1st Earl of Hertford, Anglo-Norman lord.
- Richard de Clare, 2nd Earl of Pembroke (1130–1176), Cambro-Norman lord known as "Strongbow"
- Richard de Clare, 3rd Earl of Hertford (1162–1218), known as Earl of Clare, led in negotiations for the Magna Carta
- Richard de Clare, 5th Earl of Hertford (1222–1262), also 2nd Earl of Gloucester
- Richard de Clare, Steward of Forest of Essex (1278–1318), killed at the Battle of Dysert O'Dea in Ireland
|This disambiguation page lists articles about people with the same name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.|