Right Now (SR-71 song)
|Single by SR-71|
|from the album Now You See Inside|
|Released||September 9, 2000|
|SR-71 singles chronology|
"Right Now" is the debut single by American pop punk group SR-71 from their debut studio album, Now You See Inside. The song reached number 2 on the Billboard Modern Rock Tracks chart. It remained in the top 10 in on the chart for 11 consecutive weeks and became the biggest hit of the band's career, leading to many critics labeling the band as a one-hit wonder.
Appearances in other media
- The song is featured on the soundtracks to the 2000 film Loser, and the 2001 video game, Splashdown.
- The song is featured in the game Major League Baseball 2K9.
- The song was used in the film Dude, Where's My Car (including its trailer), and the trailer for Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle.
- The song was used for a commercial of Fetch!.
- The song is the official theme song for the nationally syndicated radio program The Schnitt Show, hosted by Todd Schnitt. Variations of the song are played at the top of each hour, and as bumper music before and after commercial breaks.
The music video for "Right Now" features SR-71 playing the song in front of fans, intercut with scenes of the band running from a mob of fangirls. The video ends as it is revealed that it was all a dream.
|Canadian (RPM Rock Chart)||23|
|Germany (GfK Entertainment)||73|
|U.S. Billboard (Bubbling Under Hot 100)||2|
|U.S. Billboard (Mainstream Rock Tracks)||38|
|U.S. Billboard (Pop Songs)||30|
|U.S. Billboard (Hot 100 Airplay)||81|
|U.S. Billboard (Modern Rock Tracks)||2|
- "SR-71 - Billboard Singles". allmusic. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Rock/Alternative - Volume 71, No. 17, August 28, 2000". RPM. Retrieved 2011-02-24.
- "Chart Search". Billboard. Retrieved February 20, 2017.
- on YouTube