|Education||University of Jos|
(Bachelor of Laws)
London School of Marketing
(Diploma in Marketing)
University of Reading
(Master of Laws)
|Occupation||Lawyer and Corporate Executive|
|Years active||2007 to present|
|Title||Head of Corporate & Government Affairs at Microsoft Nigeria|
Background and education
She was born in Jos, Plateau State, Plateau State, in the north-central part of Nigeria, circa 1980. She studied law at the University of Jos, graduating with a Bachelor of Laws. She followed up with a Diploma in Marketing, obtained from the London School of Marketing. Later, she obtained a Master of Laws from the University of Reading.
Rimini Haraya Makama is the Government Affairs Director – Microsoft (Nigeria & Ghana) Corporate, External and Legal Affairs (CELA) Middle East and Africa - Emerging Markets
Rimini a government affairs and public policy professional specializing in technology with an interest in Artificial Intelligence and its role in society & ethics.
She is responsible for managing the development and implementation of Microsoft’s public policy initiatives at national and local levels as they relate to the company’s strategic partnerships with a mission to deliver a regulatory and reputational environment. She deepens the company’s relationships with government elites, regulatory bodies, the legislature, international organization and academia 
Prior to joining Microsoft, she was the Communications Director, Africa Practice where she successfully introduced some of the largest international institutions in EMEA into the Nigerian market whilst simultaneously helping to strategically position them as key players in their industries and encouraging foreign investment in the country. Prior to africapractice, she was Principal Legal Assistant in the Office of Legal Affairs at the International Criminal Police Organization – ICPO – INTERPOL in Lyon, France
Rimini holds an LLB from the University of Jos, Nigeria, BL from the Nigerian Law School, LLM in International Law & World Order from the University of Reading, UK, and CIM Diploma from the London School of Marketing. In 2014, she was recognized by Forbes as one of the 20 Youngest Power Women under 40 in Africa. She is the Executive Producer for the 2016 award winning movie Green White Green which has featured in various international film festivals including the Toronto International Film Festival. Her interests include film production and fashion retail.
- The Editor (8 October 2016). "Microsoft Nigeria appoints Makama, Amah as director, CTO". The Guardian (Nigeria). Lagos. Retrieved 26 November 2017.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)
- VPN (8 October 2016). "Rimini Makama from Gindiri appointed into the executive board of Microsoft Nigeria". Lagos: View Point Nigeria (VPN). Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- Nsehe, Mfonobong (4 December 2014). "The 20 Youngest Power Women Under 40 In Africa 2014". Forbes.com. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- Rimini Makama (26 November 2017). "Rimini Makama: Head of Corporate & Government Affairs, Microsoft Nigeria". Linkedin. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- Jaiyesimi, Adedoyin (12 October 2016). "ICYMI: Ms. Rimini Haraya Makama is Microsoft Nigeria's new company's Corporate Affairs Director". Leading Ladies Africa Organization. Retrieved 26 November 2017.