Rita Lau Ng Wai-lan
|Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development|
12 July 2008 – 13 April 2011
|Chief Executive||Donald Tsang|
|Preceded by||Frederick Ma|
|Succeeded by||Gregory So|
|Born||May 8, 1953|
British Hong Kong
|Alma mater||University of Hong Kong|
Rita Lau Ng Wai-lan (born 8 May 1953) GBS JP is a Hong Kong former civil servant. She was appointed Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development in July 2008 after her predecessor Frederick Ma resigned due to health reasons. Coincidentally, ill-health also forced her resignation from this position on 8 April 2011, following an operation to remove a colon tumour.
Mrs Lau joined as Hong Kong Civil Service in 1976. She has served in various bureaux and departments in the government. She was Deputy Secretary for Information Technology and Broadcasting (1998), Director of Urban Services (1999), Director of Food and Environmental Hygiene (2000), Permanent Secretary for the Environment, Transport and Works (Environment and Transport) (July 2002–January 2004) and Permanent Secretary for Housing, Planning and Lands (Planning and Lands) (May 2004–July 2007), and Permanent Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development (Communications and Technology) (July 2007–July 2008). She trained at Tsinghua University in Beijing between January and April, 2004.
- Precedence information sourced from the Government's May 2017 HKSAR Precedence List.
- "Rita Lau appointed commerce bureau chief". Admin & Civic Affairs. Hong Kong's Information Services Department. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- http://www.info.gov.hk/gia/general/201104/08/P201104080230.htm CE's Statement, 8 April 2011. Retrieved on 8 April 2011.
- "Rita Lau takes up new post". Admin & Civic Affairs. Hong Kong's Information Services Department. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- "Appointments of Permanent Secretaries (with photos)". Admin & Civic Affairs. Hong Kong's Information Services Department. Retrieved 9 May 2017.
- "HKSAR Precedence List" (PDF). Protocol Division Government Secretariat. May 2017. p. 18. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
| Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development
Francis Ho Suen-wai
| Permanent Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Communications & Technology
| Permanent Secretary for Housing, Planning & Lands Planning & Lands
Raymond Young Lap-moon
|New title|| Permanent Secretary for the Environment, Transport & Works Environment & Transport
zh:Keith Kwok Ka-keung
Joshua Law Chi-kong
|Order of precedence|
The Hon. Madam Justice Wong
Judges of the Court of First Instance of the High Court
| Hong Kong order of precedence
Chairman of the Public Service Commission
Ms Connie Lau Yin-hing
|This Hong Kong biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|