Rob Cabitto (born December 23, 1965) is an American author, business owner, and public speaker. His book The Fractured Life of 3743 (2011) is a memoir about his struggles with identity and addiction.
|Born||December 23, 1965|
|Occupation||Author, owner of Nine Mile Communications|
Cabitto is a Native American of the Karuk tribe from Siskiyou County, California. He was adopted by a non-Native American family at the age of 5 after his biological father poured gasoline on him. His biological mother and father were absentee parents with addictions. Both parents were incarcerated at different times in Cabitto’s early childhhood.
As of 2012, Cabitto lives in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. He has a nine-year-old son.
The Fractured Life of 3743
Cabitto published his memoir, The Fractured Life of 3743, in 2011. The number 3743 refers to his tribal roll number. The book discusses Cabitto’s loss of identity after being adopted at age 5 into a non-Native American home. The book details Cabitto’s years of addictive behavior and homelessness. Cabitto began a recovery program after being arrested in 1994. The book also discusses his life experiences, including the Native American tradition of vision quest and Lakota Sundance. Cabitto wrote the book using the journals that he kept over his life.
Cabitto spoke about the events in the book on the Kevin Sponsler show on KSYC-FM 103.9 on January 25, 2012.
Education and career
Cabitto has a Bachelor of Science from University of Phoenix and an MBA from New York Institute of Technology. He started a communications business in 2009 called Nine Mile Communications after working for Cisco Systems. Cabitto is also on the board of the Salvation Army.
- O'Neill, Janet. "Author Writes Memoir to Heal; Siskiyou County Native Shares His Hope." Record Searchight. Dec. 10, 2011
- Kinkade, Skye. "Former Resident's Book is a Redemption Story." Mount Shasta Area Newspapers. Dec. 14, 2011.
- Groessler, Paul. "The life of 3743." Sun Newspapers. Oct. 26, 2011.
- Jappe, Nancy "Life for Meth Addict Changes." Inter-County Leader. May 10, 2006.
- Cabitto, Rob (2011). The Fractured Life of 3743. Beaver Ponds Press. ISBN 1592984320.
- WebTalk Radio.net "“Hope, Healing, and Well-being: A Journey to Redemption with Rob Cabitto.”
- Kevin Sponsler Show. KSYC-FM. 3743 Fractured Life. Archived 2013-01-21 at the Wayback Machine. Jan. 25, 2012
- KFAI Radio without Boundaries. First Person Radio: Rob Cabitto. Jan. 18, 2012.