||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Mayeda attended Chaminade College Preparatory in West Hills, California and graduated from the University of Arizona, Tucson in 1994 with a bachelor's degree in Journalism and English. He completed a Master of Science degree in Geosciences at Mississippi State University. Mayeda now provides guest lecturing/instruction work at Cal State East Bay in Hayward, California.
He returned to KNBC as an editorial assistant and eventually joined the special news projects department for the production of Channel 4 News' O.J. Simpson: The Trial. This daily broadcast followed the O.J. Simpson case from the start of the trial to the eventual verdict. Airing both on KNBC and CNBC this program featured prominent local attorneys as "legal analysts" who offered opinions on the daily events in court.
Mayeda earned an Emmy award in 2002 for "On Camera News: Weather" from the Northern California National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences. He was also nominated for another Emmy in 2008 as segment producer for "From Dreams To Dust," a documentary about the Japanese American internment camps during World War II.
He worked as a weekday weather anchor for KIRO-TV in Seattle, Washington for two years before returning to California where he was hired at KNTV. Mayeda was recently assigned to weekend morning and evening newscasts while working on news special projects.
Mayeda's work as a videographer/producer aired on NBC Bay Area for "On Thin Ice", a climate change special focusing on Alaska's melting glaciers. The American Meteorological Society awarded "On Thin Ice" its "Excellence in Science Reporting by a Broadcast Meteorologist" honor in October 2011.
Mayeda holds the American Meteorological Society television seal of approval.
- . June 2010 http://www20.csueastbay.edu/news/blog/2010/06/Rob-Mayeda-weatherman-teaches-classes-at-csueb.html. Missing or empty
- . May 2002 http://www.emmysf.tv/recipients-2002.html. Missing or empty
- (PDF). April 2008 http://www.icallelk.com/files/Emmy_Nomination.pdf. Missing or empty
- (PDF). June 2011 http://www.emmysf.tv/images/Emmy2011pressrelease.pdf. Missing or empty
- Biography at NBC Bay Area
- Cal State East Bay Newsletter, June 2011 "Space Shuttle Launched Science Career of CSUEB Lecturer Rob Mayeda"
- Cal State East Bay Newsletter, June 2010
- "On Thin Ice" News Special (Anchor/Producer/Videographer)
- KNTV presents "Dreams To Dust"
- USN Navy Mil "Carl Vinson Sailors Take Notes From The Pros" 8-17-2002
- Bay Area VIP Lineup "Movers & Shakers"