Robert Bacon (Iowa politician)
84th General Assembly portrait (2011)
|Member of the Iowa House of Representatives
from the 48th district
January 14, 2013
|Preceded by||Chip Baltimore|
|Member of the Iowa Senate
from the 5th district
January 10, 2011 – January 13, 2013
|Preceded by||Rich Olive|
|Succeeded by||Daryl Beall|
|Born||1955 (age 61–62)
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|Residence||Sioux City, Iowa|
|Occupation||Funeral director, Legislator|
Robert "Rob" Bacon (born 1955) is a Republican politician and legislator from the state of Iowa. He was elected to the Iowa House of Representatives in 2012 to represent the 48th district. He was previously elected to the Iowa Senate in 2010 to represent District 5, which serves Wright, Hamilton, and Story Counties. Bacon was born in Chicago and his hometown is Maxwell, Iowa.
Bacon is married to Carol, and together they have four children.
Current legislative committees
Bacon has been a member of the following legislative committees:
- Economic Growth/Rebuild Iowa, Member
- Human Resources, Member
- Local Government, Member
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services (Joint Appropriations), Member
- Veterans Affairs, Member
Bacon has had the following political experience:
- Representative, Iowa State House of Representatives, 2013–present
- Senator, Iowa State Senate, 2011–2013
- City Council member, Freemont
- City Council member, Maxwell
- "Historical Information: House District 48". Iowa Legislature. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- "Historical Information: Senate District 5". Iowa Legislature. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- "Rob Bacon". Iowa Legislature. Retrieved February 21, 2016.
- Iowa State Legislature
- "Senator Robert Bacon's Biography". Project Vote Smart. Retrieved October 19, 2012.
- Robert Bacon – Iowa Senate
|This article about an Iowa politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|