Olejnik training with York City in 2015
|Full name||Robert Olejnik|
|Date of birth||26 November 1986|
|Place of birth||Vienna, Austria|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|2007||→ Lincoln City (loan)||0||(0)|
|2014–2015||→ Scunthorpe United (loan)||13||(0)|
|2015||→ York City (loan)||16||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 23:00, 6 June 2016 (UTC).
Olejnik came through the youth teams of Austria Wien and Aston Villa and has played professionally for Falkirk, Torquay United, Peterborough United, Scunthorpe United and York City as well as the Austria under-21 team.
Olejnik was born in Vienna and started playing football from a young age first playing for Rapid Vienna. He moved to Austria Wien's youth system where he remained until 2003 when Olejnik moved to England to join Aston Villa's youth system after impressing goalkeeping coach Eric Steele, before landing his first professional contract.
Olejnik is a product of Aston Villa's youth system. He joined League Two side Lincoln City on a loan deal until the end of the 2006–07 season, to help The Imps in their promotion push. Whilst there, he helped their Reserve side to lift the Pontin's Reserves League Cup. They had beaten Premiership sides Sheffield United and Blackburn Rovers on the way. After a 1–1 draw in 90 minutes against Hartlepool United, the match went to a penalty shoot-out. Olejnik saved two of the first five, making it 3–3 after each side having taken five. The scores made it to 6–6 before Olejnik saved a penalty, to then step up himself and score the winning goal.
However, on 30 May 2007, Olejnik was released by Villa manager Martin O'Neill and the following day joined Scottish club Falkirk. At the start of the season, Olejnik became second choice to Tim Krul who made 22 appearances. Olejnik made his debut for the club in a 1–0 win over Kilmarnock on 2 January 2008, coming on a substitute for Russell Latapy after Krul got sent off for unsportsmanlike conduct. Krul would later return to his parent club after suffering a shoulder injury and Olejnik would later become a first choice goalkeeper for the rest of the season. Olejnik managed to keep his first clean sheet for the club in a 0–0 draw against Aberdeen on 5 January 2008.
The following season, Olejnik managed to get playing time as a first choice goalkeeper. Because of that, this led the club signing Scott Flinders from Crystal Palace and replacing Olejnik as a first choice goalkeeper until Olejnik made a return in goal in a 1–1 draw against Inverness Caledonian Thistle At the end of the season on 11 June 2009, Olejnik signed a two-year extension with the club, keeping him at the club until 2011.
The following season with Mallo left Falkrik, Olejnik resumed his first choice goalkeeper status, having played all 38 games in the league. However, the club was relegated after failing to beat Kilmarnock on 9 May 2010 in a 0–0 draw. During the season, Olejnik made his European debut in the UEFA Europa League in the second round against Vaduz. In the first leg, Falkirk won 1–0, giving Olejnik his first clean sheet in Europe competition on 16 July 2009. In the second leg on 23 July 2009, Vaduz strike back and won 2–0, eliminating Falkirk in the Europa League, in process. In a 0–0 draw against Aberdeen, Olejnik was in a confrontation with team-mate Scott Arfield, whom he believed had not properly defended a cross. As a result, referee Alan Muir booked the pair. After the match, Olejnik made an apology for an incident
On 1 July 2011, Olejnik signed with League Two side Torquay United. Olejnik made his debut in a 2–1 friendly win over Tiverton Town. He started his first League Two match of the season with Torquay, at home to Burton Albion. Despite conceding two goals, he received the man of the match award. The following season he helped the team set a new club record of 20 clean sheets. On 16 February 2012, Olejnik signed a contract extension, set to keep him at the club until 2014.
On 18 June 2012, Olejnik signed a three-year contract with Championship side Peterborough United for an undisclosed fee. Olejnik was a replacement for both Joe Lewis and Paul Jones, who left for Cardiff City and Crawley Town respectively. Olejnik made his debut for Peterborough United on 14 August 2012 with a clean sheet in a 4–0 win over Southend United in the cup. He made his Championship debut against Leicester City six days later. Manager Darren Ferguson was later quoted saying "Bobby's a really good goalkeeper. The save he made in the first-half was outstanding, but he also gives us something we haven't had from our goalkeepers in recent seasons and that's excellent communication skills".
Olejnik was one of Posh’s most prominent players during the 2012-13 campaign, making 275 saves, the most by any goalkeeper in the Championship.
At the end of the 2013–14 season he received the club's Player of the Year award. During the first leg of the 2013–14 League One play-off semi-final against Leyton Orient, he was awarded Man of the Match for a performance which helped Peterborough draw the game 1-1. At the end of the 2013–14 campaign, however, to the surprise of the fans, Olejnik was told that he was not going to be offered a new contract and would be put on the transfer list. He had kept 22 clean sheets during the campaign, equalling the club record.
On 19 July 2014 Olejnik signed on a 28-day emergency loan with Scunthorpe United and made his debut against Fleetwood Town on the same day. On 1 September Scunthorpe extended his loan until January 2015.
Olejnik joined League Two York City on loan until the end of the 2014–15 season on 5 January 2015, being reunited with manager Russ Wilcox, who had signed him for Scunthorpe. He received the club's player of the month award for January 2015, his first month with the club.
- As of match played 30 April 2016
|Club||Season||League||National Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Aston Villa||2006–07||Premier League||0||0||0||0||0||0||—||0||0|
|Lincoln City (loan)||2006–07||League Two||0||0||—||—||—||0||0|
|Falkirk||2007–08||Scottish Premier League||13||0||1||0||0||0||—||14||0|
|2008–09||Scottish Premier League||15||0||1||0||2||0||—||18||0|
|2009–10||Scottish Premier League||38||0||1||0||1||0||2[a]||0||42||0|
|2010–11||Scottish First Division||36||0||2||0||3||0||1[b]||0||42||0|
|Torquay United||2011–12||League Two||46||0||2||0||1||0||2[c]||0||51||0|
|Scunthorpe United||2014–15||League One||13||0||0||0||1||0||2[e]||0||16||0|
|York City (loan)||2014–15||League Two||16||0||—||—||—||16||0|
|Exeter City||2015–16||League Two||45||0||4||0||2||0||2[e]||0||53||0|
- "Bobby Olejnik". Barry Hugman's Footballers. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Robert Olejnik". ESPN FC. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- "Villa keeper heads to Lincoln". Sky Sports. 8 March 2007. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "A saving grace". Falkirk Herald. 31 May 2007. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Krul faces long spell on sidelines". Falkirk Herald. 24 January 2008. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Bairns keeper agrees new deal". Sky Sports. 11 June 2009. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Bairns minder says sorry". Falkirk Herald. 17 September 2009. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Bairns keepers will not be kept". Falkirk Herald. 5 May 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Gulls reel in young stopper". Sky Sports. 1 July 2011. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Olejnik pens new Gulls deal". Sky Sports. 16 February 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "Arsenal striker Robin van Persie named PFA Player of the Year". BBC Sport. 22 April 2012. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Posh complete Olejnik deal". Sky Sports. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "Posh have bid accepted". Sky Sports. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 6 July 2012.
- "Bobby revels in the atmosphere". Peterborough Today. 19 August 2012. Retrieved 13 January 2013.
- "Bobby Olejnik: York City sign Peterborough goalkeeper on loan". BBC Sport. 5 January 2015. Retrieved 5 January 2015.
- Pilnick, Brent (2 June 2015). "Bobby Olejnik: Exeter City sign former Peterborough keeper". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2006/2007". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2007/2008". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2008/2009". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2009/2010". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
"Falkirk 1–0 Vaduz". BBC Sport. 16 July 2009. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
"Vaduz 2–0 Falkirk (agg 2–1)". BBC Sport. 23 July 2009. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2010/2011". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
"Stirling Albion 0–0 Falkirk". Scottish Professional Football League. 24 July 2010. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2011/2012". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2012/2013". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 26 November 2013.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2013/2014". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 30 December 2015.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2014/2015". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
- "Games played by Bobby Olejnik in 2015/2016". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bobby Olejnik.|