Robert Treat Academy Charter School
|Robert Treat Academy|
|443 Clifton Avenue
Newark, NJ 07104
180 William Street
Newark, NJ 07103
|Enrollment||500 (as of 2009-10)|
|Student to teacher ratio||13.51|
The sixth grade at Robert Treat Academy was one of 34 schools identified for further investigation by the New Jersey Department of Education after a pattern was identified in which larger than expected numbers of incorrect answers were erased and changed to the correct answer.
Awards and recognition
During the 2008–09 school year, Robert Treat Academy Charter School was recognized with the Blue Ribbon School Award of Excellence by the United States Department of Education, and one of nine schools in the state to be selected for the school year, the highest award an American school can receive from the U.S. Education Department.
- District information for the Robert Treat Academy Charter School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 13, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- "34 N.J. schools to be investigated for possible cheating after state discovers test score irregularities", The Star-Ledger, July 24, 2011. Accessed September 13, 2011.
- U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon Schools Program: 2008 Schools, United States Department of Education. Accessed September 23, 2008.
- "CIBA cited as one of the best by Education Department", Journal Inquirer, November 16, 2006. "The Blue Ribbon award is given only to schools that reach the top 10 percent of their state's testing scores over several years or show significant gains in student achievement. It is considered the highest honor a school can achieve."
- "Viers Mill School Wins Blue Ribbon; School Scored High on Statewide Test", The Washington Post. September 29, 2005. "For their accomplishments, all three schools this month earned the status of Blue Ribbon School, the highest honor the U.S. Education Department can bestow upon a school."
- School website
- Robert Treat Academy Charter School's 2015–16 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Robert Treat Academy Charter School, National Center for Education Statistics