|Date of birth||21 January 1981|
|Place of birth||Brescia, Italy|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder|
|2003||→ Cagliari (loan)||6||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Bologna (loan)||34||(1)|
|2010–2011||→ Chievo (loan)||19||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 10:52, 26 August 2016 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 25 April 2007
Roberto started his career at Brescia Calcio. He played his first Serie A match on 4 February 2001 against A.S. Bari. In March 2005 Guana and Daniele Adani announced they will left the club after receiving threats by Brescia fans. Both players successively joined newly promoted Serie A side Ascoli, with whom Guana appeared in a total 30 games.
His good appearances with Ascoli led Palermo to acquire the player on May 2006, for €3.5 million, as one of the first signings of the new season for the Sicilians, along with Francesco Parravicini and Alberto Fontana. He regularly featured in the starting lineup in his first two seasons, then being featured much less regularly under new head coach Davide Ballardini.
In July 2009, he was loaned to Bologna. along with team-mate Andrea Raggi. He returned to Palermo at the end of the season, only to leave the Sicilians on August in order to join Chievo on another loan deal. On July 2011 he agreed a permanent move to fellow Serie A club Cesena. After Cesena's relegation, Guana was transferred to Chievo in exchange for Manuel Iori.
- "Ci sacrifichiamo per il Brescia" (in Italian). La Gazzetta dello Sport. 10 March 2005. Retrieved 11 September 2009.
- 2005–06 La Gazzetta dello Sport
- "Presi Guana e Fontana". US Città di Palermo (in Italian). www.ilpalermocalcio.it. 24 May 2006. Retrieved 24 July 2011.
- US Città di Palermo 2005–06 Report and Accounts (Italian)
- 2006–07 La Gazzetta dello Sport
- 2007–08 La Gazzetta dello Sport
- "Roberto Guana al Bologna" (in Italian). bolognafc.it. 7 July 2009. Archived from the original on 9 July 2009. Retrieved 8 July 2009.
- "GUANA IN PRESTITO AL CHIEVO" (in Italian). US Città di Palermo. 5 August 2010. Retrieved 5 August 2010.
- "Roberto Guana è un giocatore del Cesena Calcio" (in Italian). AC Cesena. 22 July 2011. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Mercato: scambi Chievo-Cesena" (in Italian). AC ChievoVerona. 6 July 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.