Roberto del Rosario
|Roberto del Rosario|
|Organization||Trebel Music Corporation|
|Known for||Patentholder for the karaoke machine|
|Notable work||Sing Along System (SAS)|
Roberto L. del Rosario is a Filipino entrepreneur who served as the president of the Trebel Music Corporation. He is also the patent holder of the Sing Along System, a karaoke system he developed in 1975.
Patent rights to Karaoke
Del Rosario holds a patent to the Sing Along System, a karaoke machine which he developed in 1975. He filed a patent infringement case against a Chinese company before the Supreme Court. The court ruled that the company violated his patent rights over his karaoke machine in 1996. He is recognized as the sole holder of a patent for a karaoke system in the world. However most scholars credits Daisuke Inoue, a Japanese, as the inventor of the karaoke. Inoue invented the karaoke in 1971.
- Piano Tuner's Guide
- Piano Keyboard Stressing Device
- Copper Wire String Winding Machine
- One-Man Band (OMB)
- Voice Color Tapes
- Sing-Along System (SAS)
- Method of Determining a Singer's Voice Range
- List of Filipino inventions and discoveries
- National Scientist of the Philippines
- Science and technology in the Philippines
- Web accessibility initiatives in the Philippines
- Daisuke Inoue
- Sood, Suemedha (12 August 2011). "Karaoke in the Philippines". BBC Travel. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- Brown, Kevin (12 September 2015). Karaoke Idols: Popular Music and the Performance of Identity (illustrated ed.). Intellect Books. p. 69. ISBN 9781783204441. Retrieved 19 February 2018.
- Pascua Quing Ramos Reyes Roque Rosales. ".: PINOY IMBENTOR :". pinoyimbentor.atspace.com. Retrieved 2014-05-31.