Having worked in Permaculture since 1983 permaculture throughout Australia and overseas, Robyn was founding director Permaculture International Ltd (PIL) in 1987, designer and creator of Djanbung Gardens, Australia's leading permaculture centre, and was member of the National Reference Group which developed the Accredited Permaculture Training™ (APT) for Permaculture International.
Robyn has dedicated the past 25 years to empowering people to be effective agents of change. Her students include some of permaculture's leading teachers and activists.
Permaculture College Australia and Djanbung Gardens
In December 1992, Robyn began developing a permaculture training centre and demonstration farm on 5-acres of degraded cow pasture in sub-tropical Northern NSW. 19 years later, Djanbung Gardens has a wide range of working systems demonstrating approaches to sustainable living and design through guided and self-guide tours as well as training programs including short courses, part and full-time accredited training, and residential internships. Permaculture Education and Permaculture College Australia operate from Djanbung Gardens.
- Developed Accredited Permaculture Training™
- Permaculture Trainer, Permaculture Education & Permaculture College Australia Inc
- Design Consultant Nimbin Ecovillage
- EcoRecreation Reserve, Nusajaya, Malaysia
- Permaculture Design Consultant, Canyon Ranch Bali
- Consultant, NSW Dept. Planning Sustainable Futures Planning & Design
- Design Consultant, Jarlanbah Permaculture Hamlet, Nimbin
- Cummeragunga Aboriginal Village, Community & Land Development
- Design for the Human Life Cycle - Building, Eco-Villages, Energy Systems, Land, People Systems. 10 November 2008
- Design with Energy in Mind - Building, Energy Systems, Waste Systems & Recycling, Waste Water. 18 November 2008
- Bamboo in Permaculture - Pip Magazine, March 2015
- Francis, Robyn. "What is Permaculture?". Permaculture College Australia, Djambung Gardens. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Have your say » 27th Jan 2011 3:00 AM (27 January 2011). "Concerns over bid to ban plants". Northern Star. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Grayson, Russ (9 September 2007). "Robyn Francis, permaculture educator & early adoptor". Permaculture International Limited. Archived from the original on 9 September 2007. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- Francis, Robyn (10 February 2011). "Robyn Francis". Permacultureaustralia.org.au. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- Francis, Robyn (10 July 2009). "Re-imagining Utopia - Jarlanbah". ABC Radio. Archived from the original on 10 July 2009. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- "Chaordic Permaculture Institute Pilot / Robyn". Permacultureinstitute.pbworks.com. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Trouble in Paradise: Dual Occupancy at Jarlanbah". Kitchen Table Sustainability. 22 March 2012. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 25 October 2015.
- "Robyn Francis Permaculture Research Institute - Permaculture Forums, Courses, Information & News". Permaculture.org.au. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Pip Magazine - Australian Permaculture". Retrieved 25 October 2015.