|Minority Leader of the Kentucky House of Representatives|
Assumed office |
January 5, 2017
|Preceded by||Jeff Hoover|
|Member of the Kentucky House of Representatives|
from the 99th district
Assumed office |
|Preceded by||Frances Brown|
November 4, 1959|
Morehead, Kentucky, U.S.
|Education||Morehead State University (BA, MA)|
Adkins represents a district in eastern Kentucky that includes Elliott, Lewis, and Rowan Counties.
Adkins played basketball for Morehead State University and Elliott County High School. He played for MSU in 1981 and 1982 as the starting point guard. Rocky Adkins earned his bachelor's and master's degrees at Morehead State University. In 2017, Morehead's new dining commons was dedicated to and named after Rep. Adkins. He was inducted into the MSU Alumni Hall of Fame in 2004 and named the recipient of the 2012 Founders Award for University Service.
Adkins is active his hometown community of Sandy Hook, Kentucky and communities in Kentucky. He approved and presented of $730,000 dollars to help upgrade and maintain the sewage system for Sandy Hook.
A cancer survivor himself, Rep. Adkins sponsors the annual “Rocky Adkins Charity Golf Outing – Cure for Cancer” which has raised over $2 million for cancer research since its beginning in 1995.
Kentucky Legislative Tenure
Adkins has long been a strong supporter of education in Eastern Kentucky. He currently is a member of the House Democratic Leadership office.
- Latek, Tom (January 4, 2018). "Rocky Adkins giving 'serious consideration' to run for governor". Kentucky Today. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- Fields, Mike (February 17, 2009). "Lionized in Elliott". Lexington Herald Leader. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- Simon, Jeff (December 9, 2016). "How Trump ended Democrats' 144-year winning streak in one county". CNN. Retrieved December 10, 2016.
- University, Morehead State. "MSU Dining Commons dedicated to Rocky Adkins". Retrieved 2017-12-21.
- Kentucky Legislature - Representative Rocky Adkins official government site
- Project Vote Smart - Representative Rocky Adkins (KY) profile
- Follow the Money - Rocky Adkins
- KentuckyVotes.org - Rep. Rocky Adkins bills introduced and voting record
|Kentucky House of Representatives|
| Minority Leader of the Kentucky House of Representatives
|This article about a Kentucky politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|