Roger Carter (mathematician)
Roger W. Carter is an emeritus professor at the University of Warwick. He defined Carter subgroups and wrote the standard reference Simple Groups of Lie Type. He obtained his PhD at Cambridge in 1960 and his dissertation was entitled Some Contributions to the Theory of Finite Soluble Groups, with Derek Taunt as thesis advisor.
- R.W. Carter, Nilpotent self normalizing subgroups of soluble groups Math. Z., 75 : 2 (1961) pp. 136–139
- Simple Groups of Lie Type by Roger W. Carter, ISBN 0-471-50683-4
- Lie Algebras of Finite and Affine Type (Cambridge Studies in Advanced Mathematics) by Roger Carter, ISBN 0-521-85138-6
- Carter, Roger W. (1993), Finite Groups of Lie Type: Conjugacy Classes and Complex Characters, Wiley Classics Library, Chichester: Wiley, ISBN 978-0-471-94109-5
- Springer, T. A. (1987). "Review: Finite groups of Lie type: conjugacy classes and complex characters, by Roger W. Carter" (PDF). Bull. Amer. Math. Soc. (N.S.). 17 (1): 145–148. doi:10.1090/s0273-0979-1987-15543-1.
|This article about a United Kingdom mathematician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|